In case you are wondering, Can I Delete Facebook But Keep Messenger? Then we have got you covered, below we have given a detailed post on the question- “Can I Delete Facebook But Keep Messenger?“
Messenger is an app that allows users to make voice and video calls, chat, and send SMS messages. Before, you could use Messenger even if you didn’t have a Facebook account. Now, you need to create an account with Facebook first before you can use Messenger. But, that doesn’t mean you need to keep your FB account after.
Sign up for a Facebook Account
- If you don’t have a Facebook account, you’d need to sign up for one. Go to: Facebook.com and click on the green “Create new account” button.
- Enter the necessary information in the fields on the pop-up window. Click on the green “Sign Up” button once you’re done.
- Finish signing up by confirming your registration. Open the confirmation email that Facebook will send you. Click the link on the email to head to your newly created Facebook profile.
Use Messenger on Messenger.com
- Open any browser and go to Messenger.com.
- Sign into Messenger using the email address and password that you used for your Facebook account.
You can now call or chat with anybody who has a Messenger account.
Use Messenger on the app
- Download the Messenger mobile app from Google Play or the App Store. You can also download a desktop app version from Messenger.com.
- Launch the app by clicking on its icon on your device or computer.
- Sign into your Messenger account using the email address and password associated with your Facebook account.
Deactivate your Facebook account
Now that you have your Messenger account in place, you can deactivate your Facebook account.
- Go to Facebook.com on any browser and log into your account.
- Click on the Account button. This is the inverted triangle at the top right part of the screen.
- Click on the “Settings & Privacy” option from the drown-down menu that will appear.
- Choose “Settings” from the next window that will appear. This will lead you to the settings page.
- Click on “Privacy” on the left sidebar from the Settings page.
- Look for the “Your Facebook Information” option on the left. It should be under the Privacy option.
- Look for the “Deactivation and Deletion” link at the bottom of the page. Click on the “View” button on the right.
- Select the “Deactivate Account” option from the window. Click the “Continue to account deactivation” button. Do not delete your account as this is permanent and you won’t be able to use Messenger after.
- The next window will show you the pages that will be deactivated along with your account. Just click on the “Continue” button.
- You will be prompted to enter your password. Click on “Continue”.
- On the next page, choose to transfer a copy of your account information to another service. Ignore this if you are not interested. Choose the reason why you are deactivating your account.
- Finally, click on the blue “Deactivate” button at the bottom to complete the process.
You can now use Messenger without your Facebook account. And should you wish to reactivate that, all you have to do is log back in using your email address and password.
FAQs On Facebook Messenger
No. If you delete your account, you will also lose your Messenger account. Instead of deleting, simply deactivate your FB. You can still stay in touch with your contacts even if you no longer access the social media platform.
Yes, you have to turn on your device’s airplane mode to do so. You can also shut down your device’s internet. Messenger will not show the read receipt unless you switch the internet back on or turn off airplane mode.
You don’t. Once the messages are deleted, they are gone permanently. However, even if you remove the message or conversation on your side, the receiver of the messages will still have a copy on his or her chat list.
You can use the Facebook Unseen extension if you access Messenger on your desktop. You will find an Unseen icon by the address bar on Chrome. You can click this and choose the option to block the seen feature of the chat. You can disable the read receipts feature of Facebook Messenger using this.
Vanish Mode is a Facebook Messenger feature that erases your messages once the receiver sees them. As soon as the receiver closes the chat, the messages automatically get deleted.
You can also learn How To Delete Messages From iCloud On your iPhone?