While getting immersed in the magical world of Harry Potter, we all imagined ourselves studying at Hogwarts. The sorting hat quiz of Pottermore satiates that want. Although the result might not always match our expectations, that’s when retaking the quiz seems like the only way left. This little trick should come in handy; let’s show how Can You Retake The Pottermore House Quiz.
Retaking the Pottermore House Quiz: Step-by-Step Guide
The Pottermore House Quiz goes by the Sorting Hat Quiz now. After opening an account, you can enjoy all the interesting features in Pottermore, such as getting assigned to your own house, etc. Unfortunately, when an account gets sorted in a house, that’s final, and there is no way to change that. But you can alter the result by taking the test in a new account and deleting your old one.
Steps to Follow: Can You Retake The Pottermore House Quiz
Read below carefully to understand better wrt Can You Retake The Pottermore House Quiz.
- Step 1: Log in to your existing account, of which you want to change your house. Click on the top right banner icon. It will take you to your profile.
- Step 2: Again, on the top right, click the gear symbol to reach the settings.
- Step 3: Scroll to the bottom of the “Settings” page. Under the “Support“‘ section, you’ll find the option to “Delete your account.” Hit that.
- Step 4: You’ll be brought to a new page to complete the deletion of your profile. And for safety purposes, you will be asked to give your password. When you’re done filling the boxes, the “Delete Account” button will be active.
- Step 5: The homepage will be back again, but this time you’ll be logged out because you did just delete your account. To open a new one, hover on the “Login” button; yet again on the top right.
- Step 6: On the bottom of the log-in page, you can see the “Sign Up Now” option. Click on that to proceed with opening a new account.
- Step 7: To continue signing up, you’ll have to provide your birth date first. Make sure that the birth date you enter aligns with the birth date of the email account you’re going to use. Select “Sign Up Now” after you leave your birth date.
- Step 8: Finally, you’ll be asked to give your email address. You can use the same email that was used in the previous Pottermore account. Then verify the email address by re-entering it. And finally, choose a password that contains both upper and lowercase letters and numbers. Hit “Continue” to proceed.
- Step 9: A new page will show up, and you’ll be asked to name your account with a first and last name. This name will show up on your profile. You can choose to check the box below if you want alerts of new articles and news happening in the world of Pottermore. I prefer to leave it empty since I don’t want my inbox to be spammed. But you could if you want to. Then go for “Continue” to advance with the process.
- Step 10: Your brand new Pottermore account is almost ready now! All that’s left is the most important part. Retaking the sorting hat test. To do that, you can click any of these two options that we’ve marked in a red box. And you’ll be transferred to the next page to take the test.
- Step 11: Click “Get Started Now” to take the quiz. You’ll be asked 10-12 interactive questions, and the answers you choose will help to determine your Hogwarts house.
The trick to getting your favorite house is answering while thinking like someone who belongs to that house. If you pay close attention, you’ll be able to tell which option is dedicated to which house. Hopefully, this time you’ll be able to land the house of your preference. And if by any chance you have to face another close call, you can always retake the quiz, now that you know how *wink*
If you liked taking this quiz, you may also find it interesting to take similar tests to know about your Patronus or the type of your magic wand. And you can retake those by following this trick too!
FAQs On Pottermore House Quiz
Yes! It asks you various types of questions and analyzes the pattern of your answers, then assigns you a house that fits you the best. The algorithm of the quiz is as perfect as it can get, so you’ll either have to make peace with the result or you could retake it.
Many things are at play here. If your answers give off a brave and headstrong character vibe, you’ll most likely be sorted into Gryffindor. Otherwise, you can get Ravenclaw, Slytherin, or Hufflepuff, based on the house’s cherished traits. These are all noble houses to be sorted in. Don’t fret if you didn’t get Gryffindor; neither did Snape, but we all know about his unbending loyalty.
Pottermore has gone through a major rebranding to transition into a new platform, “The Wizarding World.” Therefore, you can’t sign in using your previous login information anymore. However, your profile and data are stored safely. All you need to do is open an account on the new site using your old email.
It is! You can browse amazing stories and articles, stay updated with the wizarding world, take fun quizzes, etc., and it won’t cost a penny. But you can choose to subscribe to the “Wizarding World Gold” program, which comes with many exclusive perks.
Pottermore brought forth this amazing set of quizzes which lets us know the most suitable Hogwarts house for us. But if you aren’t content or feel like you’ve changed and want to retake it, follow the process mentioned above, and you’re all set.
Here is another post for Potter Fans, How Do You Retake on Potter more?