Have you recently lost your job and trying to cut down on a few expenses in the meantime? Have you been trying to cancel your Planet Fitness membership online but not found a way out? Do you wonder How I can cancel my Planet Fitness online?
So many Americans are opting for more convenient solutions for their workout routines. In many ways, choosing to work out at home can help you save costs, from cutting down on several monthly bills to saving on gasoline.
Also, you don’t want to be in a situation where you’ll be billed for several months even though you’ve not visited the gym for months because you relocated to a different city. These types of situations may lead you to cancel your Planet Fitness. Well, the simple answer is you can’t cancel your Planet Fitness membership Online. This blog post will teach you alternative ways to cancel your Planet Fitness membership
Planet Fitness, founded in 1992, is a really popular health and Fitness club in the US, with over 15 million members in over 2000 locations. Its top-notch facilities and scenery make for a great workout environment. Although Planet Fitness offers free training to its new members, its membership is on average between $10-$19.9 monthly.
How To Cancel Planet Fitness Membership Online?
This may feel like a million-dollar question because Planet Fitness does not allow membership cancellation on its website. A quick look on the there official website shows that you can only cancel your membership by either sending a letter to your home club or canceling in person
How To Cancel Planet Fitness membership In Person
- Visit the nearest Planet Fitness location
- Make sure you write down some information you may need like your membership identification number, your social security number, address, Email address, and date of birth
- Head to the front desk staff and request a membership cancellation form
- Fill out the form and ask the staff to an en email to you once your membership cancellation is completed
- You may have to also write a one-page document requesting to cancel your membership
How To Cancel Planet Fitness Membership By Letter?
- Write a letter stating your request to cancel your membership
- You should include information like your Full name, date of birth, email address, address, phone number, last four digits of your credit card, and your Planet fitness ID number
- Send the signed letter by certified mail to your club’s address
You can use the template below
Note: You’ll have to send a cancellation notice at least 30 days before your next billing
Yes. Planet Fitness may let you put your membership on hold in case you have an injury or illness. You’ll need to contact customer service for this
No. Planet Fitness does not offer any kind of refund even if you close your membership early in the billing cycle
As long as you have your Planet Fitness key tag number, you can transfer your membership online via their website. However, there are a few conditions for this: You must have an active monthly subscription, and you have to be a member for at least 3 months without any outstanding dues
You can upgrade your membership online via their website Planetfitness.com
No. You cannot downgrade your membership with Planet Fitness online. You can only do this by visiting your club
You’ll need to notify the company of your intention to cancel your membership at least 30 days early
No. Planet Fitness does not offer a free trial period. Once you sign up as a member, the monthly and annual fees will be billed to you.
There you have it! If you’re feeling frustrated about being billed every month even though you’ve not hit the gym for months or you need to cancel your Planet Fitness membership, there are only two ways you can do this: visit your Planet Fitness club and fill out a membership cancellation form or send them a certified letter.