You should deactivate your Telegram account when changing to a new chat service. Telegram is good messaging software with many features that keep your messages secure. An attempt to deactivate your Telegram account will be futile. You can deactivate your Telegram profile. Another option is to delete the Telegram applications from your phone and computer. Check out more detailed steps to deactivate your Telegram account temporarily. You can also learn how to delete contacts from Telegram.
Methods To Deactivate Telegram Account Temporarily
By deactivating your telegram account, you are initiating permanent deletion. You will become a new subscriber if you register again, unable to access old contacts, history, or groups.
Those who have your phone number in their contacts will become alerted to your number. The new user will display a separate discussion in their conversations list, and their discussion record with the new person will be blank.
method 1: Deactivate Telegram Temporarily Using The Deactivation Page
- Search for the telegram portal through search engines. Type “telegram portal.”
- Input your country code and phone number for the telegram account you want to deactivate.
- You will receive a verification code in your telegram application.
- Go back to the deactivation page and enter the verification code.
- A page will appear with three choices. Select “Delete.”
- Indicate your reason for leaving the telegram and delete/deactivate your account.
Deactivate Your Telegram Using the Self-Destruct Option
- Launch telegram on your Andriod gadget.
- Click on the three horizontal lines on the top left corner of the page. Tap on Settings on your telegram profile.
- On the next page, hit on the Privacy and Security option
- Swipe down your device’s screen and select the If Away option.
- Choose the period; after that, your telegram account ceases to exist. You can choose 1, 3, 6, or 12 months. Telegram’s preset term is six months.
When your telegram account stays inactive for the chosen duration, Telegram will permanently delete your account, which is irreversible.
You can submit a request to restore a deactivated Telegram account. Similarly, with the assistance of a support group, you may retrieve your deleted Telegram chats. You can specify when you deleted or lost your account.
Telegram does not provide an easy way for Android phones to deactivate their accounts. As a result, users must first go through the disabling procedure by accessing Telegram on their smartphone and selecting the option ‘Settings, then tap the ‘Privacy and Security item.
Messages that you choose to erase will “vanish for both you and the receiving user — without leaving a trace,” according to Telegram. Since the feature’s inception two years ago, users have only been able to unsent messages posted to a chat within 48 hours after delivery.
The only method to remove your Telegram account is to erase all of your phone’s texts and conversations. It is accomplished by accessing the chat setup and tapping “Delete Chat.”
If your telegram account is in use, you can restore your conversations by reinstalling the Telegram software.
If you feel it’s time to deactivate your account, then the steps here will go a long way in making the process easy. Hope that the article helped you to find your query easily.