Are you trying to delete someone from your contact list on Telegram? But you don’t know how to do that. For deleting a contact on a telegram it takes less than two minutes. You can delete the contacts whenever you want. By following the step-by-step process you can successfully delete a contact from your Telegram contact list.
Telegram is a cloud-based free messaging app that provides us with optional end-to-end encrypted chats. It has its own unique feature as we see in other messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Instagram, Messenger, and so on. On telegram, the contacts are synced to the contacts on our mobile phones. Telegram automatically syncs your contacts to your Telegram account. But sometimes we feel like removing someone from our contacts list. Maybe your friend would have got a new number, or you just want to delete a contact for some reason. The process of deleting contacts from the Telegram contact list is simple. You can easily delete your Telegram contacts on your mobile Telegram app, or it can also be done from your desktop app.
The following steps will guide you through deleting contacts on the Telegram app on both devices.
How To Delete Contacts From Telegram On Mobile Phone:
1. Open your Telegram app on your mobile phone, either you can open the app from the home screen or from the app launcher.
2. And after opening the app click on the three-lined “Hamburger icon” on the top left corner of your screen. Now you will get a dropdown menu.
3. From the dropdown menu you can see the “Contacts” option click on the contacts option.
4. And then, search for the contact that you want to delete and select the contact from the list of contacts that appears on the screen.
5. And then, click the person’s profile picture/name at the top of the chat header to view the profile of the contact.
6. After that tap on the three dots on the right-hand corner of the contacts profile page. Click on the “delete contact” option from the dropdown menu that appears.
7. After that tap on Delete from the pop-up on your screen.
And that is how you can delete the contacts on your mobile telegram app. And please do make sure to delete the contact from your phone’s contact list also so that the app won’t get synced and add it back again.
How To Delete Contacts From Telegram On your Desktop / Laptop:
1. Open the Telegram app on your desktop home screen.
2. After opening the app click on the hamburger icon on the top left corner of your screen and now you will get a dropdown menu.
3. And from the dropdown menu select the option “Contacts”. And after that search and select the contact that you want to delete from your contact list that appears.
4. After that click on the three dots on the top right and select “View profile” from the menu. Or you can just click on the name of the person on the conversational header to view the profile.
5. And on the contact’s profile window, select “Delete Contact” from the menu.
6. And after that select the option “Delete” from the pop-up screen.
If you remove the contact from the contact list it won’t erase your conversational history with that contact.
No, they won’t be knowing if you delete their contact from your telegram contact list. Telegram won’t send any notification to them about it.
Yes, of course, it is possible to recover the deleted contact back to your telegram contact list. For that you just need to sync your phone contact list to your Telegram account then it will automatically be added to the Telegram account, please do note that the contact should be present on your phone contact list for adding it back to Telgram’s contact list.
Yes, you can delete multiple contacts at a time on Telegram. Click on the “Hamburger icon” on the top left corner of your screen and click on contacts and then click on the edit. And then select all the contacts that you want to delete.
It is because your phone contact is synced to the Telegram contacts by default. So in order to remove the contact permanently, you have to delete the contact from the phone contact list too. You can delete synced contact by selecting the privacy and security from the menu and then clicking on data Setting after that click on delete synced contacts
Telegram syncs your phone contact with your Telegram contacts automatically. And if you delete the contacts from your phone contact it doesn’t get deleted automatically from the Telegram contacts. And similarly, if you delete the synced contact from the Telegram contact list it won’t delete the contact from the phone automatically.
And by now you would be having a clear idea of how to delete a contact from a Telegram Account contact list. So now you can easily remove all the unwanted contacts from your Telegram contact list. And please do note that if you want to delete the contact permanently from your phone, you have to delete the contact from your phone contact also. Or you can even disable the option to sync the phone contact list and Telegram contacts. Otherwise, the contact gets synced with the Telegram account again. The conversation history won’t be removed by just removing the contact. However, you always have an option to remove the conversation history at any time you need in the future.
Now you know how to delete a contact from your Telegram app contact list. So you can easily delete all the contacts that you want to delete from your Telegram contact list.