JazzCash is Pakistan’s one of the most used smart wallets. However, in this era, people don’t want to be bound to a single choice, but to explore instead to determine which one works best for them, rate and features wise. So, if you wish to terminate your JazzCash account for the time being, we understand. Here’s how to do it. In this guide, I’ll show you How Can I Delete My JazzCash Account?
What is Jazzcash?
JazzCash is like a virtual debit card where you save money. And later, you can use it to pay utility bills, shop, etc. However, if the app is no longer serving your needs efficiently, it’s only fair that you’d want to explore different options. Permanently deleting the JazzCash account is a relatively new feature; it wasn’t allowed until recently.
How To Delete My Account On Jazzcash?
So, deleting your JazzCash account can be your option for several reasons. One, you want to unbind your phone number from this account and open another account in JazzCash. Two, you have no use for it anymore, you’ve already found a replacement, so you want to uninstall the app from your phone and delete the account too. (in order to avoid any unnecessary maintenance) Whatever the reason, the process for the task is the same. Let us walk you through it.
Steps to Delete Your JazzCash Account
- Step 1: First and most crucial task is to empty your balance before deleting your account. Transfer or use up your balance.
- Step 2: Go to your phone’s caller app and dial “4444,” you can save yourself a lot of trouble if you use the same number to call the customer care that your account is registered with. If that’s not a jazz sim, you’ll have to dial “021-111-124-444” instead.
- Step 3: After the call to the helpline goes through, you’ll be redirected to a representative. Explain your need in a brief and precise manner.
- Step 4: Then, to authorize the deletion of your request, you’ll be asked a few security questions that you had set while opening the account. Such as your CNIC number, your father’s name, your first pet, the road you grew up in, etc.
- Step 5: After verifying your information, you’ll be asked whether you want to delete or deactivate. Deletion is permanent, and deactivating is temporary; choose deletion.
- Step 6: They will confirm once again, and finally, your deletion request will be put through. It takes a maximum of 6-7 hours for this process to complete.
How to Delete Account Without Calling the JazzCash Helpline?
Many people, such as older citizens and less literate persons who are awkward with technology or faces difficulty following instruction on the spot, can use this method to seek help to delete their account.
- Step 1: Find your nearest physical outlet for JazzCash.
- Step 2: Upon going there, request help from the designated officer to delete your JazzCash account.
- Step 3: You will be provided with a form to fill up with the necessary information. They may also require a few verifying documents.
- Step 4: Submit the form and wait for the deletion procedure.
Unlike the telephoning method, this process takes a bit longer; since there are matters of manually verifying your documents and other relevant information. It should take around 24 hours to have the process finished.
There is another low-maintenance option to get rid of your JazzCash account. Simply uninstalling the app will be as good as forgotten, and you won’t be spammed with notifications. Just remember to move your money elsewhere before uninstalling the app.
FAQs On JazzCash
Yes, you can. If you’re closing your account for good or running low in another app, you can send the credits of your JazzCash to other apps, such as Easypaisa in Pakistan.
To check your balance or other similar information, log in to your JazzCash account. Then press “My Account,” and you’ll be able to see all the details regarding your account, along with the balance, in this option. You can also edit your profile from here.
JazzCash asks you for your phone number while registering you in the account. It uses the account to verify you, send you updates of the app, notifies you about balance withdrawal or addition. So, a phone number holds great importance in such types of apps; thus, you cannot change it. But you can add a secondary phone number; however, the first number will always be set to default.
There might be a few underlying reasons why your payment isn’t going through. Check if you have sufficient balance to clear the payment or if the bill has already been cleared. Errors while putting account information can also cause failure; if it’s none of these, then it’s a glitch in the server, you should wait it out or try again, or you could let customer care know.
JazzCash is one of the pioneer wallet apps that brought digital paying within people’s reach in the country. Nowadays, people like to switch around service apps and take advantage of new accounts’ offers; or to free up email or phone numbers from being bound. If you’re in the same boat, hopefully, this post will help you.
Read another article on How do I link my Microsoft account to Minecraft PS4?