Commonly, quite a few people own multiple email addresses to individualize their personal and business emails. This can leave you confused at times when you forget your actual email address linked with websites like Facebook.
As a result, you may have a harder time remembering your linked email address. You keep asking yourself, “How can I figure out what email I used for Facebook?”
This article contains enough information to answer your question. Keep reading to find out.
Finding Out Facebook Linked Email Address on Mobile Phone
Suppose you have logged out of your Facebook account and can’t remember your email address. You can use your linked phone number to enter your account. Follow this step-by-step method to find out your Facebook-linked email address.
- Open your Facebook app. You will see two options, “phone or email.” Enter your phone number, password, and press “Log In”
- A similar interface to the one below will appear, along with your profile picture. To log into your Facebook account, click “Continue.”
- Once you are logged into your account, press the “three horizontal bars” button on the top right corner of your screen.
- Here you will see several shortcuts and other options. Scroll down to the end and press “Settings and Privacy” > “Settings”
- Now press “Personal and account information” from the list of options. On the next page, press “Contact info”
- Next, you can view your linked email address under “Manage contact information.”
Finding Out Facebook Linked Email Address on PC
You can easily find your linked email address on your PC by using two methods. Below, we discuss them.
Method # 1
- Open “www.facebook.com” on your PC. Now enter your phone number and password > Log In.
- When you press “Log In,” you will see the same interface as in the picture below. From here, you can easily note down your linked email address. To log into your account, press “Yes, Continue.”
Method # 2
- Open your Facebook page and press the “9 doted” button next to the messenger button.
- Here you will see five options leading to different settings. Press “Settings and privacy” and then “Settings.”
- As you press “settings,” you will be directed to general account settings. Look for “Ad account contact,” and you will see your linked email address.
FAQs on Facebook
Open your Facebook app and tap the three horizontal bar buttons from your profile. Go to “Settings and privacy” and then select “Settings.” Open “Personal and account information” > “Contact info.” Now, you can see your linked email address.
If you forget your username or mobile number linked with your Facebook account, simply click “Forgot your password?” on the Facebook home page. Now enter your name as of Facebook and add your friend’s name at the bottom of the page. It may show you your account along with the email address. If you still fail at remembering your correct email address, you can click on “no longer have access to these?”. Type a new email address to get an email notification on how to recover your account.
Open the Find your account page—type in the required information like full name, email address, phone number, and username. Then press “search.” You can now follow the on-screen instructions to find your correct email address and password.
You might win back your old Facebook account using the alternative email address and mobile number associated with your old Facebook account. Try logging into your account from your mobile phone or PC that you used to log into your old account. When you open the Facebook page, follow the on-screen instructions to recover your account successfully.
Link Email With Facebook
Facebook requires you to link an email address during the registration process. This email address is used for logging into your account and receiving account-related correspondence through email.
Forgetting this email address can frustrate you, and you stuck around with “How can I find out what email I used for Facebook?”
Hopefully, this article has answered all your questions. Happy socializing!
Also, go through another article on How Can I Find My Facebook Account By Name?