Telegram is a popular messaging platform with end-to-end encryption. It has risen in popularity due to its security features and anonymity. However, it is confusing for new users when they lose access to their telegram account and how to recover it.
Recovering a telegram account is very easy. You can simply log into your account with your phone number from any device and get the OTP on your message box. After you input the OTP, you will instantly have access to your telegram account.
However, there are various things you need to be careful about when recovering your telegram account, as sometimes, your telegram account may have been banned due to violations. Therefore, we have prepared this article detailing the step-wise solution on how you can recover your Telegram account.
Why Have I Lost Access to My Telegram Account?
Recovering a telegram account depends on why you lost access to the account in the first place. There are many scenarios where people lose access to their Telegram accounts.
Some of the most common reasons are listed below:
- Did you create a Telegram account and forgot about it.
- Have you used Telegram for a while, uninstalled the app, and never used it again.
- Someone else created a Telegram account with your phone number.
- You forget the login details of your Telegram account.
In any of the cases, either you have to recover the Telegram account using your phone number or contact Telegram support to help you recover your account.
So, until and unless you have access to the phone number which is used to create the telegram account, you will have access to the Telegram account without issue.
Solutions to Recover My Telegram Account
Below are the scenarios and solutions to recover the Telegram account.
Recover Your Telegram Account If You Forgot The Password
If you have simply forgotten the password or have uninstalled the app by mistake, you can follow the below steps to recover the account.
- Step 1: Uninstall the Telegram App if you have the app on your phone but cannot access the Telegram account.
- Step 2: Again, install the Telegram app by visiting Play Store on Android and App Store on iOS. You can also use your computer’s browser’s desktop or web app.
- Step 3: After you open the app, you will be asked to input your phone number. Type your phone number in the international format, i.e., with the country code on the front.
- Step 4: After you input your phone number, you will receive an OTP on your phone number. Copy the OTP code and paste it onto the screen.
- Step 5: After you input the OTP, you will instantly have access to your Telegram account.
This is a common scenario; many people can recover their Telegram accounts using the above process. So, if you have also forgotten the passwords, you can simply follow the above steps and get access to the account without any problem.
Recover Telegram Account With Two-Step Verification
If you have already set up a two-step verification process on your Telegram account, it will be easy for you to recover your Telegram account. You can use your email address or phone number as the second verification method, which will come in handy when recovering the account.
Follow the below steps to recover your Telegram account with two-step verification enabled.
- Step 1: Uninstall your Telegram app and install it from the app store.
- Step 2: Open the newly installed app and provide your phone number. Wait for the OTP on your message box.
- Step 3: Input the OTP, and you will be asked to provide a password. This is the same password you set while setting up the two-factor authentication on Telegram.
- Step 4: If you know the password, you can use the password. But if you do not remember the password, you can click the Forgot Password button.
- Step 5: Once you click the Forgot Password button, you will be asked to provide the recovery email. Input the email address, and Telegram will send you an email with OTP.
- Step 6: Input the OTP on the screen, and you can set up a new password for Telegram. Once you set up the password and password hint, you are done. You will now have access to your Telegram account.
Recover Deleted Telegram Account
Telegram accounts can be deleted permanently by all users. But what if you deleted your Telegram account and want to access it again?
This is particularly a complicated situation, and the recovery depends on the time that has passed after the permanent deletion of your account. Unfortunately, there is no sure-shot way to recover a deleted account. You can only ask Telegram support to look into your issue.
Follow the below steps to ask Telegram support to recover your deleted Telegram Account.
- Step 1: Open your computer browser, and go to the Telegram Support page.
- Step 2: Once you are on the Telegram support page, you will see a description box, phone number, and email input.
- Step 3: Describe your problem in the description box. Tell them what happened to your account and when you deleted it, and ask them to recover the account for you. Also, provide the email and phone number. The email address and phone number should be the same ones you used on the telegram account.
- Step 4: Finally, click the submit button and send the support message.
It may take more than 24 hours for you to get a response from telegram support. So be patient and follow the instructions provided in the feedback.
Although you cannot be certain that you will recover your deleted account, it does work for freshly deleted accounts.
FAQs On Telegram Account
Telegram is one of the safest methods of communication. Telegram’s layers of encryption to transfer information from user to user are almost impossible to break. In addition, Telegram provides a two-step verification method, one of the popular ways of securing accounts.
So, if you want a safe method of communication, Telegram may be one of the best options you have.
Telegram is one of the safest messaging apps. It encrypts your texts, data, and media forms, such as images and videos, with an extra layer of encryption, making it almost impossible for anyone to decrypt the messages you send. This also means the messages you send on Telegram cannot be tracked.
But the association of WhatsApp with Meta Inc. has increased the suspicion of data misuse. So, if you want a secure method of communication, you can go for Telegram as it has been known to be more secure.
Yes, you cannot create Telegram accounts without a Phone number. You will need to input a phone number when creating a telegram account, whether on the mobile app or desktop version. The phone number is also used to receive OTP to verify account ownership.
Yes, you can use Telegram Anonymously. To use Telegram anonymously, simply create a Telegram account with a new phone number. Although you cannot create a Telegram account with just an email address, you can still use one as a contact address.
Read What happens If I Delete My Telegram Account and get more information on Telegram Accounts.