One of the security features for phones is the password. Passwords are the basic form of security, and most users ensure their phones have the password. If you recently bought a new Samsung phone and secured it with a password you cannot remember now, don’t worry because you can still access your phone without the password. However, it is important to note that you can reset your phone without the password, but you will lose all your data. If you have no backup, you may need to try another method of accessing your phone. This article will guide you on How Can I Reset My Samsung Mobile Without a Password?
Three Unique Ways to Reset Samsung Mobile Without Password
Let us explain all three ways to you.
1. Use Samsung Find My Mobile
The method works well when you have logged in to your Samsung account. Switch on your phone, log in to your Samsung account and connect to a mobile data or Wi-Fi, then follow the steps below:
- Find a computer connected to an internet connection.
- Open any browser and open the Samsung account website.
- If you have two-step verification enabled, confirm it is you, then log in.
- Find the Erase Data option and click on it.
- When the dialog box shows up, click on Erase to confirm your action.
- Wait for removal of data from your phone and give it time to turn on.
2. Reset Your Phone Through Google
If you have not set up a Samsung account, this method may work for you, provided you have created a Google account on a phone you want to reset. Ensure to enable the Find My Device feature on the Samsung phone and get a proper internet connection. Once the mentioned requirements are satisfied, proceed as explained below:
- Use another device or computer to open the Find My device website.
- Use a Google account that is logged in the Samsung phone to log in to the website you open.
- Your phone will display on the page.
- Find the Erase Device option and tap on it to reset it.
- Click on Erase Device again when the pop-up notification shows, and click on Erase to confirm your action.
- The Samsung phone will restart and start resetting to factory settings.
- Allow it to finish factory resetting, and it will turn on.
3. Use Recovery Mode to Reset Samsung Mobile Without Password
If you have not set up a Google or Samsung account, don’t worry because you can still reset your phone without a password using the recovery mode.
- Find the Power and Volume Down buttons and press them simultaneously for around ten seconds.
- If your Samsung has a Home button (the button at the bottom-middle), click on the Power and Volume Up and Home button simultaneously when you have heard a slight vibration from your phone.
- If your phone has no home button, click on the side and volume buttons simultaneously.
- Release the buttons when the logo appears.
- Press the Volume buttons, tap on factory reset, then press the button for power to confirm resetting your phone.
- After factory resetting, click on reboot system now. Your phone will turn on and allow you to set it up.
FAQs On Resetting Samsung Phone
Yes. Samsung users can use various tricks to reset their phones when they forget their passwords. Such tricks include using the side buttons, Find My Device and Samsung Find My Mobile. However, it is important to remember that resetting your phone will make it appear brand new because data will be erased.
Once you reset your Samsung phone, all the data will be erased permanently, and everything will go to default settings. Having data backup is the only option that will make you not lose your data If you don’t have any backup, I am afraid you will not access your data unless you stop resting it and try to remember the password.
Factory resetting a phone erases all the data in the phone; it is important to do so when you have a better reason. For instance, if you buy a phone from someone and it keeps crashing, you need to reset it to erase all the unnecessary data. Once you reset the phone, you will set it up as you wish. Moreover, if you want to sell your phone, it is not advisable to hand it over with its data. In such a situation, a factory reset will ensure your important information doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.
The easiest way to reset your Samsung phone is using the settings app. The method works fine for users that have the password. If your phone is locked, you can use other methods like Google Find My Device and the recovery mode, as explained in this guide.
A factory reset is a simple way of saying erasing your data. When a phone is factory reset, all the information except the operating system is erased. Everything goes back to default settings meaning if you have no backup, you may never access your data again.
Samsung phones are good because of the high security that prevents access to your personal information. However, if you forget your password, you may need to reset your phone, which will make you lose all your important data. This guide has explained the various methods you can use to reset your Samsung phone without remembering your password.
You may also learn How Do I change my Samsung Account on my Phone?