Instagram is a platform where users share their activities and interact with the people in their circle. Almost nine million photos and videos get posted on Instagram every day. If you are an avid user of this platform, finding an old post will require a lot of scrolling. Or you can follow the steps below to see your old Instagram posts easily.
You may also learn How To Unarchive Post On Instagram? easily.
Search by date
- To find an old post on Instagram, you can do a search based on when you posted it. Launch the app and sign into your Instagram account.
- On the home screen, tap on your profile picture to go to your profile page.
- Tap on the hamburger menu, then select the “Your activity” option.
- Go to “Photos and videos” to be able to see all of your posts.
- Select “Posts” if you want to search for a particular photo that you posted in the past.
- If you have hundreds of posts, going through each one will be tedious. If you know the date when you posted a particular photo, use the filter by tapping on the “Sort & filter” option at the top right part of the screen.
- You can choose to sort from oldest to newest if it’s a very old post. Tap the blue “Apply” button.
- You can also put a date range by entering a start date and an end date. Use the calendar feature to find the specific dates. Tap on the blue check after choosing the start and end dates. Tap the blue “Apply” button to see entries that you posted within the dates you specified.
Search by person
You can also do a search based on the name of the person featured in your post. For example, in your posts pages, if you tagged a friend in an old post, you can search for that friend’s name in the search box.
- Just click on the magnifying glass icon and type the name of the particular person. All the posts with that user’s name will be presented. Then you can just scroll through the results to find the particular post you are looking for.
Search by hashtag
If you use hashtags in your post, you can also do a hashtag search. In the search bar, type the particular hashtag terms that you used with the post. The search will show you all the posts that contain that particular hashtag. You just need to scroll through the results to find the one you want.
FAQs On Seeing Old Posts On Instagram
You can go to your Instagram archive by opening your profile page and tapping on the hamburger menu. You will find the “Archive” option in the list. Here, you’ll be able to see all the posts you’ve hidden and all the uploaded stories.
You can access any deleted content by checking the “Recently deleted” folder. Go to your profile page by tapping your profile icon. From there, tap the hamburger menu and select “Your activity.” From the list, tap on “Recently deleted” to see all the posts you deleted in the last 30 days.
Videos and photos that you share on your Instagram story disappear from your feed and your profile after 24 hours. You can add the post as a highlight to permanently keep it on your profile.
Instagram reserves the right to delete posts if they do not follow the set community guidelines. It can also disappear if your email address or phone number associated with the Instagram account is not verified.
Instagram sometimes pushes older posts on your feed based on your personalized algorithm. This boosts the visibility of the posts that you may like. It is the platform’s way of keeping you updated if you don’t often check your Instagram account.