The social media platform Facebook lets us create public and private events to gather support and an audience for a physical or online event. Through the event, you can also figure out roughly who will attend your event and who won’t. If you are creating an event to raise funds that would require a lot of public, you might ask, “how do I change a Facebook event from private to public?”
A public Facebook event will be seen and responded to by a large crowd compared to a private Facebook event. Follow this guide on How Do I Change A Facebook Event From Private to Public and easily change your event’s privacy from your cellphone and desktop.
Changing a Facebook Event From Private to Public on a Cellphone
- Head to the Facebook app on your mobile phone and press the “hamburger” icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select “Events” from the menu.
- Now press the “+” button at the top right corner of the screen to create an event if you haven’t already.
- Select the type of event you want to make: Online and In Person.
- Type in the name of your event and press “Choose privacy”
- Select “Public” and press “Done”
Changing a Facebook Event From Private to Public on Desktop
- Access the Facebook website and select “Events” from the side panel.
- On the next page, select “Create new event” from the side menu.
- Select the type of event you wish to create: Online and In Person.
- Enter the name of your event and click “Privacy” from the Event details section.
- Click “Public” and select “Next” to add further details to your event.
FAQs on Facebook Privacy
Once you have created a Facebook event, you can’t change the privacy of your event. When creating an event, it is best to change the privacy setting first. If you want to gain exposure to your event after creating it, you can invite more and more people to your event and ask other invitees to do the same.
Open your Facebook profile and select “Events” Create a new online or in-person event. Choose “Public” from the privacy settings and enter the name of the public event.
You can change the date and time of your posted event. If you want to change anything that cannot be changed after posting the event, you will need to delete it and recreate it.
There could be several reasons for this. There are some events where only the host can post something. In other events, however, your post may only be approved after the host approves it.
A private Facebook event is only visible to people who are a part of it. However, the host can let the event members invite other people. People invited to an event can see the event description, photos, and posts. In contrast, everyone on Facebook can view a public event.
Head to the Facebook app and go to events. Open the event whose viewers you would like to check. Now tap “Invited” and find “Seen” beside the name of the invited people.
Read one more article on How To Share TikTok To Facebook Story?