No doubt Amazon is a convenient place to shop. You can find almost anything you want, and they do not charge sales tax in most states. You can pay for your purchases using your favorite credit card or use the address where you will get your Amazon packages delivered. But what if you prefer getting packages sent to a different address — such as ones that you only have access to in person and without having them stolen? This article shows how do I change my default address on Amazon in different situations.
change your Amazon shipping address On Pre Order
If you want to change your Amazon shipping address pre-order, you can do it by using an existing address or adding a new one to your list. Here is how to add a new address to your list:
- Visit Amazon on any preferred browser, then login to your account
- Hover over the ‘Account & Lists’ option at the top right corner of the homepage. Click ‘Account’ then your account page and settings will open.
- While on the account page, scroll down the page and select ‘Your Addresses’ under the ‘Ordering and shopping preferences’ section.
- On the ‘Your Addresses’ page, you will notice a plus symbol above Add Address; click the symbol to add a new address. Then fill in the required information and check the ‘Make this my default address’ checkbox.
- After adding the address, you can then click the ‘Set as default’ option at the bottom of the address to make it your default address.
change your Amazon shipping address While Completing a New Order
In a situation where you want to change the shipping address while processing an order, here are the steps:
- Select all items you need to purchase. At the top right corner of the page, select the ‘cart’ icon.
- On the ‘Cart’ page, click ‘Proceed to checkout’ option.
- You can select which address you prefer on the shipping address page. Or add a new one.
change your Amazon shipping address If Order has Already Being Placed
In a situation where you want to change default address after you have placed the order, here are the steps:
- Visit Amazon on any preferred browser, then log in to your account.
- Hover over the ‘Account & Lists’ option at the top right corner of the homepage. Click ‘Orders’, then your account page and settings will open. Or click ‘Return & Order’
- Here, all your open orders will be listed. You can then click the particular order and change the shipping address.
Change Your Amazon Shipping Address Anytime
Hopefully, it’s now pretty obvious how easy it can be to change your default shipping address on Amazon. It’s high time you changed that address to avoid losing your package. Follow through with the guide, and you will complete the process in minutes. Leave a comment below and share the piece to help others.
If you liked this article, then you will definitely like our other article, Can I Transfer Amazon Gift Card Balance To Another Account?