Yahoo mail is one of the oldest and most continuous email services. You can create an email address in Yahoo mail and receive your electronic mail on the address like any other email service. Moreover, it is free to create and use. But can you create a 2nd Yahoo mail? If so, you may ask, how do I create a 2nd yahoo email account? And will that account be separate from the first one?
In short, the answer to ‘How do I create a 2nd Yahoo email account?’ is Yes. You can create a second Yahoo email account without any problem, but the second account will only act as an email forwarder. Yahoo will forward any email you receive in your second Yahoo email account to the primary Yahoo email account.
We have compiled the step-by-step process of how you can create the 2nd Yahoo email account and set it up with the primary yahoo email account in this article. So, let’s start answering the ‘How do I create a 2nd Yahoo email account?’ question of yours.
How Do I Create A 2nd Yahoo Email Account?
As stated, to create a 2nd Yahoo email account, you first need to create a new Yahoo email account and set up this Email on your Primary Yahoo email account. The 2nd Yahoo email account will act as an email forwarder, and it will forward every Email you receive on the 2nd yahoo email account to the primary Email’s Inbox. However, it will be separated from the emails received in the primary email account.
- Create A 2nd Yahoo Email Account
- Setup this 2nd Yahoo Account on your Primary Account.
So, let’s first start creating the 2nd Yahoo email account.
Steps To Create A 2nd Yahoo Email Account
- Step 1: Open Your computer browser and go to the Yahoo website.
- Step 2: Log out of your Yahoo Account if your primary account is logged in already.
- Step 3: Click the ‘Signup’ button to create your 2nd Yahoo Email Account.
- Step 4: Now, you need to provide information related to you and your business (If you are creating the 2nd Email for your business)
- Step 5: You should also type your preferred email address and click the ‘Check’ button to check if the email address is available or not.
- Step 6: You should also input your password and confirm it.
- Step 7: Also, choose the security questions or create your own. Security questions would help you recover your account if you forgot your login details. Yahoo can also use it to authenticate your identity in case of login from different devices.
- Step 8: You also need to input the code shown at the bottom of the form, which will determine if you are a human or not. This is to discourage bots from creating accounts.
- Step 9: Once you are done with all the details, Click on ‘Create My Account, and you will create the account.
Once you are done creating your 2nd Yahoo email account, you can start setting up the new email address with your Primary Yahoo Email Account so you can send, receive and manage your emails from the same place and do not have to manage multiple accounts.
Steps To Setup The 2nd Yahoo Email Account
To set up your 2nd Yahoo Email Account after creating it, follow the below steps.
- Step 1: Open your web browser on your computer and go to the Yahoo website.
- Step 2: Once on the Yahoo Homepage, open your Inbox from the top-left of your screen. You may need to input your Yahoo ID and Password to log into your account if you haven’t already.
- Step 3: Once you are on the Homepage of Yahoo Mail, Click the settings icon on the top-right corner of the screen. It will then give you a list of options to choose from.
- Step 4: From the options list, click the Settings option, and it will open the settings page of yahoo mail.
- Step 5: On the Settings page, look to the left bar. You will see the Accounts option on the list. Click on the Accounts button to go to the Accounts Settings page.
- Step 6: On the Accounts Settings page, you will see the Accounts option with an Add button. Click the Add button to add your 2nd email account to it.
- Step 7: Once you click the Add button, you will have a form to fill up. Input the information as follows.
Sending Name: Add your Business Email Address Name or your Secondary Email Address Name.
Email Address: Input the Email Address.
Descriptions: Describe your Email Address as a Note to yourself.
Reply-to Address: Add the same Email Address again as a sending address.
Step 8: Click Save on the bottom part of the screen to save the settings.
Once you save the settings, Yahoo will send a confirmation email to the second email address you just added. And after you confirm the setup by visiting the secondary email inbox, it will add the email address to the Yahoo mail.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some frequently asked questions about ‘How Do I Create A Second Yahoo Email Account?’ are taken from the internet.
Yes, Yahoo is a Free Email service for direct payment. But as the saying goes, ‘Nothing is free.’ So you may have to trade your data to receive the free email service. But you can try revealing less information for Yahoo to use and also get the Email service with no direct cost at the same time.
Yes, Ymail is the optional Email domain of Yahoo Mail. While signing up, users can choose among the Yahoo.com or Ymail.com email suffix. But at the service level, both Yahoo and Ymail are the same services, and just the domains are different. So, for example, you can create your email id as ‘[email protected]’ or ‘[email protected],’ but you will use the same service.
It often comes down to individual preferences when email services are concerned. But with the scope of service offered by Gmail and Yahoo. We can say Gmail is better than Yahoo. Unlike Yahoo, Gmail offers much more services and integrated functionalities with Google docs, Google Drive, Google Workspace, and more.
Gmail offers much more security features that come integrated with other Google services. For example, the two-step authentication that Google provides is considered a very good feature regarding user safety and data security. So, you can say that Gmail is safer than Yahoo.
There are a ton of safe and secure email services on the internet. Some of them are SecureMyEmail, MailFence, Tutanota, ProtonMail, etc.
Create 2nd Yahoo Email Account
Therefore, the answer to your ‘How Do I Create A Second Yahoo Email Account?’ is answered in this article. First, create a new Yahoo email account, then set up your 2nd email account on your primary email account to have easier and integrated access. You can now send, receive and manage emails from your primary and secondary Emails from the same Inbox.
Hope we answered your question and provided valuable information.
Check out our other article, How Do I Remove An Account From My Gmail List?