Origin is a digital distribution service provider for purchasing and playing video games on personal computers or mobile devices. You’ll need an account to access all the services this platform offers. If you change your mind about using your origin account and want to deactivate it, it’s not hassle-free.
Thank goodness, we’ve put together this guide to help you deactivate your Origin account successfully.
What Are The Methods To Deactivate My Origin Account?
As previously stated, deleting an Origin account is a bit difficult. This Issue is because users like you will intuitively glance through every tab on their Origin profile to find a deactivate profile option but won’t find it. Guess what? We sought it, and we found it. No! You guessed wrongly. OK, let’s stop delaying and let the cat out of the bag.
Use any methods listed in this guide to deactivate your Origin account.
Method 1: Chatting With An EA Customer Support Agent
We guess you’ve heard of the recent change from Origin to EA. Formally, you’re meant to chat with an Origin customer support agent, but the recent integration of the Origin service into the EA subscription model brought about this change. To use this method, follow the instructions carefully.
- Step 1: Open your Web Browser on any device.
- Step 2: Go to the Origin Website.
- Step 3: Sign in to your Account.
- Step 4: On your profile homepage, click on Contact Customer Support.
- Step 5: Click on the one with the Origin logo from the list of pictures.
- Step 6: If you’re using a PC, click on PC; otherwise, select Mac if you’re a Mac user.
- Step 7: Go to Select A Topic.
- Step 8: Click on Manage My Account.
- Step 9: Go to Select An Issue.
- Step 10: Click on Delete Account.
- Step 11: Click on the Select Contact option.
- Step 12: Fill in Request For Account Deactivation in the subject field.
- Step 13: Now, click on the Live Chat button.
- Step 14: Once selected, a live conversion will commence.
- Step 15: When asked your reason for contacting customer support, tell the customer agent that you want to delete your Origin account.
- Step 16: Wait for a confirmation reply that your account has been scheduled for deletion.
Alternatively, you can contact an EA customer support agent by dialing +80 037 347 3 between 8:00 AM and 10:00 PM Monday through Saturday and request the deactivation of your origin account.
Method 2: Using DoNotPay
Reiterating how difficult it could be to delete your Origin account would lead to overemphasizing and deter you from deleting your account. Yikes! There’s good news. You can use DoNotPay to deactivate your Origin account quickly. Let’s rephrase, DoNotPay can delete your Origin account on your behalf. Let’s dive into using this method.
- Step 1: Open your web browser and search for DoNotPay.
- Step 2: On the DoNotPay homepage, click on Delete Old Account Product.
- Step 3: Select the type of account you want to delete.
- Step 4: Input more information about your Origin accounts, such as the associated email address or phone number.
- Step 5: Verify your ownership of the account by entering the account creation date and last login or the payment method.
- Step 6: Upload your headshot photo to prove your account ownership further.
- Step 7: Enter your previously used password. If you’ve forgotten your password, enter any password.
- Step 8: Enter your contact information and click Submit.
Reasons For Deactivating Your Origin Account
- You can deactivate your Origin account if you can no longer purchase its services.
- If you can’t find the games you seek, feel free to request account deactivation.
- When you feel the Origin platform is not intriguing enough.
The Distinction Between Deactivating And Deleting An Origin Account
Deactivating your origin account places your origin account on hold. However, your account and all game progress will still be on the system. That is, when you deactivate your account, you’ll:
- Stop receiving marketing emails from Origin.
- Keep your username and comments visible.
- Retain other platforms that are linked to your origin account.
Deleting your origin account will remove your entire account, including linked accounts, from the database. That is, when you delete your account, you’ll:
- Lose your platforms connected to your account.
- Lose your account history.
- Be removed from all EA platforms.
- Lose your active subscriptions.
FAQs On My Origin Account and EA Games
No, you can’t deactivate your Origin account yourself. Suppose you want to deactivate or delete your Origin account. In that case, you’ll have to contact an EA customer support agent to do it. To contact support, log in to your profile, tap on contact support, and tap on the origin login. On the form, fill in your request and request for live correspondence with an agent.
No Origin does not delete inactive accounts on their platform. Suppose you have an account with active origin services like paid entitlement or download. In that case, you don’t have to worry about account cancellation if you’ve not used your account for a long time. In some instances, non-active accounts can get deleted if flagged as having inappropriate use.
If deleting your Origin account is not for you, here’s another way to unlink your Origin account from your Steam. Log in to your Origin account and have your Steam ID handy. Fill out the form and tap on Live Chat to contact a customer support agent about unlinking your Origin account from your Steam account.
You can uninstall your EA games on your PC via the apps and features menu in Windows. In the search bar, type “Add” and a list of programs will come up for you to add or remove. Scroll through the list to find EA Games. Once seen, you can uninstall the app.
Go to the EA official website and log in to your account. Tap on the billing settings and then tap the About Me tab. On the next page, tap on Edit. Enter the verification code sent to your mobile device, and then start filling in the basic information you want to update. When you’re done, tap on Done.
With this guide, deactivating your Origin account should be easy for you now.. Use any methods we have provided, and you’ll deactivate your account. To get the best from us, follow up on the community discussion by sharing your suggestions via the comment box. If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to let us know.
Learn more on How Do I Change My EA Account On Xbox?