- To uninstall a Uplay game.
- Go to the Games section of the Uplay client.
- Click on the desired game.
- You will land on a window that looks like this one, and you should click Uninstall.
You can delete a game from your Uplay PC Client by following the steps below: 1. On the top-right corner, click on MY GAMES (you may need to log in first) 2. Click on ADD/REMOVE GAME on the left panel 3. Select the game you want to remove and then click UNINSTALL 4. You will receive a confirmation message that reads “Uninstallation process started.” 5. After successful uninstallation of your game, you will see a message saying “This item has been successfully uninstalled”
You can delete your Ubisoft Account by following the steps below: 1. Log into https://account.ubisoft.com with your e-mail and password 2. Select “My profile” on the top right to go to the My Profile page 3. At this point, you will see a button named “Delete Account”. Click on it 4. A pop-up window will appear for you to confirm that you want to fully delete your account 5. If you have any issues regarding this process please contact Customer Support directly at http://support.ubi.com/ [END] Article is coppied from Ubi Blog: Dealing with Uplay Issues by Assassin’s Creed Community Manager
– The game was released on PC but I can’t launch it: If you are unable to launch the game, please ensure that your Windows is up to date by checking Windows Update. For additional troubleshooting steps, you can read this post . – My Uplay keeps crashing: Check if there is a new update available by clicking here and following the steps. Make sure to close all applications before launching the launcher. Also make sure if you have more than one graphics driver installed (Nvidia or AMD) that only one of them is enabled (NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Program Settings). – I am getting an Error 9 message when trying to install the game: You should contact support at http://support.ubi.com/en-GB if Error 9 appears when trying to install the game. – The screen shows a black and white image, or I see corrupted graphics: You may need to uninstall your current drivers and install the latest available version available. – Error 1062: If you are receiving this error it means that you have two different versions of DirectX installed on your computer (9 and 11) and Uplay is unable to use either one. To solve this please try installing Service Pack 1 for Windows XP SP3 , and then update your graphics card drivers . – Error 13100: This error can occur on some PC configurations, where the installation path contains non-ASCII characters, such as é (e acute). Please contact support at http://support.ubi.com/en-GB if you are receiving this error message. – The game takes a long time to launch: If the game is taking more than 30 seconds to load, please make sure you have your Windows updated and that you have less than 5 applications running in the background (including anti-virus software).
Assassin’s Creed II (2009)- I am unable to access multiplayer on my PC build with Intel Integrated Graphics Chipset: You might need to update your graphics card drivers . 3) Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (2010)- I am unable to unlock a chest in Sequence 7 Memory 2 or complete “The Thrill of Victory” objective after completing all 6 Templars Lairs.: If you are experiencing this issue, please make sure that you have connected to the servers by going to Multiplayer > Join Game. If this is already done and if the problem persists, you should contact support at http://support.ubi.com/en-GB . 4) Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (2011)- I am unable to view any of the wallpapers in the Uplay application or download any content from the Uplay shop.: Please check your firewall settings as it might be blocking access to uplay.exe process. To do so go to Control Panel > Program > Select a program category > Uninstall or change a program > View installed updates / Turn windows features on or off > Windows Firewall . 5) Assassin’s Creed III (2012)- I can’t install the game: If you are experiencing issues with Assassin’s Creed III installation and download, please make sure that your Windows is fully up to date by consulting KB2506322 under Knowledge Base section here . For additional troubleshooting steps, please see http://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=249&productid=2723&faqid=kA030000000eZF3IAG . – I am unable to launch the game: Please ensure that you have 1 free gigabyte of hard disk space available. You can do so by going in your computer settings (under “Storage” tab) and deleting any temporary files there (they are usually highlighted.
Go to the start menu and open run. Type regedit and press enter. Locate the game you want to remove by using the mouse pointer, right click on it and select delete. Press yes, then confirm that your chosen action is what you wanted done.
Open the Google Play Store app.
Tap My apps.
From the list, tap the game.
Select Uninstall from SD card after tapping the game icon (requires root). After uninstalling please select Install to download and reinstall it again on your mobile device
Touch the Case icon in the upper left corner of your phone screen.
Choose Folder, then Delete Game File.