A PSN account is crucial for gamers that love enjoying various PlayStation services from the comfort of their homes. But if you no longer need to use PlayStation and plan on selling it, it may require you to delete your PSN account. It will prevent third parties access to any of your information or any data. Before you close your PSN account, it is important to note that you will not be able to access any funds in the wallet. Moreover, access to any of your subscriptions will be denied. Let’s learn How do I Delete a PSN Account on my Phone.
Two Methods To Delete PSN Account on Phone
Follow either of the methods below and execute them in a stepwise manner to delete PSN Account.
1. Close PSN Account Using PlayStation Application
If you have a PlayStation app on your mobile device, you can easily delete your PSN account quickly.
- Open the PlayStation application on your mobile phone.
- Please navigate to the Account Management option and select it.
- Find the Deactivate Account button and click on it.
- Enter your PSN account password, and confirm your intention by clicking on the Delete Account option.
2. Delete PSN Account on the Phone Through Support
The other option to delete your PSN account is sending a request to PlayStation support and requesting them to close the account on your behalf. This method is the best, especially if the other one fails to work.
- Open your preferred browser on your phone.
- Enter “how to delete PSN account” in the search bar and search the results.
- Click on the support page of the region you are located in.
- Once you open the page, you must have the email address and the online ID before contacting the support team.
- Click on the Account option, navigate to Account management, and tap on it.
- Click on the side arrow beside the Create, change & close account option.
- Scroll through the tab that opens up, and click on the Close an account option.
- Click the Contact us link.
- Tap the Account & Security option.
- Please choose how you want to contact the support group through Live chat and request them to close the account for you.
FAQs On Deleting PSN Account
Yes. If you no longer want to use your PSN account, you can delete it easily using your mobile device. To delete the account from your phone, navigate to the PlayStation application and tap the Account management option. Once in the Account Management section, you will see an option to Delete your Account. You will be requested to enter your password before the account is terminated.
According to the PlayStation rules, you cannot create another PSN account using an email you used before. Once your email is registered with PSN, you will be allowed to use that single email to access all services of your account. If you must have a new PSN account, it is important to create a different email address that you will use.
Fortunately, PlayStation allows you to change your account. You must log in to the PSN website and sign in with your email and password. You will select the type of account you want to change to and enter a new password.
Once you delete your PSN account, it is as if you have never created it in the first place. If the account had any funds, they would not be accessed once deleted. Moreover, any data like screenshots and any information on your account will not be accessed again. If you have important information in the account, ensure you have it before deleting the PSN account.
Sometimes, you may be unable to delete your account and may be required to wait a few months before deleting it. If you don’t want to wait for that long, you can contact support and request them to delete your account. You need to email the support team to find their contacts and tell them to delete your account after identifying yourself.
Read our other article on How To Add Another Icloud Account To Your iPhone?