iCloud is a service Apple provides to automatically store your files, photos, passwords, and other data in the cloud. Besides making sure that you have a backup copy of all your data, iCloud also makes it easy to share files between devices. The answer to the question- How Do I Delete iCloud Drive From My iPhone, is that you can’t do so. However. you can delete the files inside it.
Delete your iCloud files on the website
- Open any browser and go to iCloud.com.
- Log in by typing your Apple ID and the corresponding password.
- Find and click on the “iCloud Drive” icon. You will be shown the folders where your various files are organized.
- If you wish to delete an entire folder, just click on that particular folder and then click on the Delete icon on the top menu. It is the icon of a trashcan. The folder will immediately be deleted.
- To delete a file, double-click on the folder where it is located. Click on the file/s you wish to delete, then click on the delete icon.
- If you wish to delete multiple files at once, hold down the command key while clicking on the files. Once you’ve selected all the files you wish to delete, click on the delete icon.
Delete your iCloud files on your iPhone
- Launch the Files app on your device. This is the icon with a white background and a blue folder in the middle.
- Select “iCloud Drive” under the Locations category.
- In the next window, you will see the different folders where your files are organized. If you want to delete an entire folder, just tap the meatballs menu icon (circle with three dots).
- Choose the “Select” option from the menu.
- Tap on the folders that you wish to delete. Each selected folder will show a blue checkmark on it. Tap on the delete icon when you’re finished choosing all the folders you want to erase.
- Select the red “Delete” option on the pop-up window to confirm the action. The folder will immediately be deleted.
- To select certain files, just go to the folder where they are stored. Tap on the meatballs menu and choose “Select”.
- Tap on the file/s you want to erase.
- Tap on the delete icon at the bottom. This will immediately delete all the files you’ve chosen.
Sign out of the iCloud account
You can sign out of , if you no longer want to use your iCloud account.
1. Open Settings on your device. It is the grey Gear icon on your home screen.
2. Go to your Apple ID settings by tapping your Apple ID. It is the part found at the top of your screen which contains your profile image and name. For older iOS versions, tap on the “iCloud” option.
3. Look for the red “Sign Out” option towards the bottom of your phone’s screen. You may be prompted to enter the password for your Apple ID. Once you type it, tap on the “Turn Off” option. Note that once you’ve signed out of your iCloud, the Find My Phone and Keychain functions will be disabled.
4. You will be prompted to choose which data you want to keep a copy of on your iPhone. Slide the circle button to the “on” position for the data that you want a copy, then tap on the blue “Sign Out” option at the top right. This will disable all iCloud functions on your device.
Though we may not have answered your question, How Do I Delete iCloud Drive From My iPhone? But, we have given you details about methods to delete your iCloud files.
FAQs On Deleting iCloud Drive
To permanently delete files on iCloud, you need to go to the settings menu of your account on iCloud.com. Click on the “Restore Files” option under the Advanced section. Choose the file/s you want to permanently delete. You can also choose Select All if you want to empty this folder. Click on the “Delete” option.
Files you remove from your iCloud Drive can still be recovered within 30 days. Once the 30 days elapse or when you permanently delete the files, they are gone and can’t be recovered anymore.
Go to the Files app on your device. Find the “Browse” option and look for the iCloud Drive. Choose the files that you will no longer use or wish to delete. Select those files, then tap on the trash can icon at the bottom of the screen.
If the data you are trying to delete does not match the space it is meant to be using; then you won’t be able to erase it. You’d need the assistance of someone from Apple iCloud support. Contact them and mention your inability to erase the data you wish to get rid of. Wait for the team to contact you and follow the instructions.
In simple terms, iCloud Drive is one of the many services that fall under the iCloud umbrella. It falls under the same category as Photos, Find My, and Backups app. It is where you can store your documents.
Having finished the above article on- How Do I Delete iCloud Drive From My iPhone, you can explore other posts too. Also, read another interesting article on How To Secretly Track An iPhone Without iCloud?