How do I delete my Ring Doorbell account? This question is surprisingly popular on the internet today. The ring doorbell is a great device that lets you see who’s at your door and allows you to talk to them via phone, even if you’re not at home.
However, there are instances where you may receive emails for a ring account you never signed up for or you want to delete your account for some reason. We’ve created this article to teach you how to delete your Ring Doorbell account completely. Read on!
Steps To Delete Your Ring Doorbell Account
If you’re no longer interested in using the smart device, you always have the option of deleting your account, and it’s pretty easy to do. But it’s important to know that deleting your account is not reversible. Here’s how to delete your Ring account.
- Open ring.com on your browser and select the ‘login’ option on the homepage.
- Sign in to your account using your login details
- Select “My Account,” then “Account,” and choose “control center.”
- Under ‘Control center, select “Manage your data.”
- Find the “Delete Your Personal Data” section, then select “Delete Data.”
You may be prompted to confirm your account details. Once you do that, your account will be deleted.
How To Delete A Ring Account You Didn’t Create
If you keep getting bugged by unwanted emails about an account you didn’t register for, you can delete the account using the steps below.
- Open ring.com on your browser and click ‘Login.’
- Select ‘Forgot your Password’ on the login page and enter the email address where you receive the messages.
- A password reset link will be sent to your email; open the link to set up a new password.
- Go back to the login page and sign in to the account using the password you just created.
- Once signed in, select “My Account,” then navigate to the “Control center.”
- Scroll down and select “Manage your data.”
- On the ‘Delete your personal data’ option, click on “Delete Data” and confirm your account details. Your Ring account will be deleted permanently.
How To Remove A Shared User From Your Ring Account
If you have a shared user on your account and want to remove them. you can remove them while you keep your account active
To remove a shared user:
- Log into your account on the Ring website.
- Navigate to “Account” and select the “Control center” option.
- On the left menu, select “Shared users” and choose the location where you wish to remove a shared user.
- Select the shared user and tap “Manage,” then click on “Remove User.”
- Select “Remove” to remove the shared user from your Ring account.
Creating a Ring Doorbell account is relatively straightforward, but deleting your account isn’t. Thankfully, you no longer have to ask, ‘How do I delete my Ring Doorbell account?‘ as we’ve explained the steps to delete your Ring Doorbell account.
FAQs On Ring Doorbell Account
While a shared user can log in, view, download videos, and receive notifications, there are some limitations of a shared user, which include:
1. They can not give authorization to another user to access the account data
2. They can not delete/remove any data from the account
When you delete a Ring Doorbell account, you permanently lose all account information, including recordings saved in the account. To avoid losing your files, you can download your data to a hard drive before deleting your account.
Read another article on How To Turn On Voicemail Transcription iPhone.