- Launch Skype on your mobile.
- Tap your Skype Name.
- Go to Settings by tapping the Gear icon on the top right corner.
- Tap Account & Profile and then Close your account.
- Verify your id and password to proceed.
- Go through the list and click Next.
Launch the Skype app on your Desktop.
Click your Skype name, in the top left corner, and choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
On the right-side panel, scroll down and click Close your account.
Re-enter your password to verify your account.
In order for you to delete your Skype account without deleting your Microsoft account, you need to unlink your Microsoft account first. (Disclaimer: It will take some time before the Skype account will be removed from the database.)
Deleting a Skype account will delete any data associated with it, including friends and chat history. Microsoft says that your name may still appear in the directory for up to 30 days after deleting an account.
We do not permit the use of more than one account with a shared email address, as this can cause confusion.