Meetme is an online dating app slash social networking platform where you can find new people online. You need to sign up for the service using an email address. If you lost your Meetme account because you uninstalled the app or if you simply forgot your password, there are a couple of ways for you to recover it.
Recover your MeetMe Password
You can quickly recover a forgotten password if you still remember and still have access to the email address associated with your MeetMe account.
- Launch the MeetMe app and log in by tapping on the “Log in here” link at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the “Forgot Password?” option. This will launch a browser that will take you to the app’s Forgot Password page.
- Enter the email address registered with the MeetMe account, then Submit by clicking on the green button.
- The service will send you an email containing a confirmation code. Copy the confirmation code, paste it onto the form and click “Submit.”
- You will be asked to choose a new password. Enter your preferred password twice, then submit it with your email address.
- Once the new password has been accepted, you can go back to the app and use your email address and new password to sign into your MeetMe account.
Reinstall the app
If you no longer have access to the MeetMe app because you uninstalled it, simply reinstall the app. Sign into your account using your email and password. If you do not remember the password, follow the steps above. Your account should still be available unless it has been inactive for over three years or taken down.
Note that if you forgot or no longer have access to the email address you used to sign up for the service, you won’t be able to perform the account recovery.
If you deleted your MeetMe account, there is no way for you to undo the deletion process. However, if your account has been deactivated and inactive for less than three (3) years, you can still recover it by emailing the app’s customer support.
Failing to log into your MeetMe account could be because your account is linked to your Facebook account, and you are not logged into that app. Another reason could be that you violated a policy, and the account has been taken down. MeetMe accounts that have been inactive for over three years also get taken down.
Deleting an account from this app will permanently deactivate it. This means all your data are gone, and you won’t be able to recover them again.
Log into your account through the MeetMe website (meetme.com). Go to Settings by clicking on the screen’s button at the top right corner. Click on “Account” from the drop-down menu. Select the option to Change your Email Address. Enter your new email address and follow the directions.
Launch the MeetMe app and sign into your account. Tap me icon. This is at the top right of the screen. Go to Setting, then select “Delete Account” from the list. Tap the “Yes” button. Enter your email address and password into the window, then tap “Delete Account.”
Read another article on How Do I Cancel My POF Subscription on Android?