Google Photos is the most popular go-to app when we want to back up our photos. It ensures safe and secure storage for backing up the images. But you may still lose photos, sometimes because of wrong settings, or deleted by mistake. Then, How Do I Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google
The steps to restore the media files which seem to be deleted permanently from Google are quite easy.
The guide with detailed steps on How Do I Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google is given below.
Different Ways to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from Google
Permanently deleting important photos by mistake is a sensitive matter, and retrieving them usually requires a long hassle. But that doesn’t mean it is not possible. There are a few ways that you can go by to get back your lost photos. Follow the methods given below on: How Do I Recover Permanently Deleted Photos From Google.
Contact Google Support
Thankfully, Google has a new policy that helps you recover your lost files. Because even if your photos are permanently deleted, a backup of the file remains in Google’s possession for a limited period. However, this process is complicated and has a moderate guarantee of success. Even so, it’s the standard procedure. Let me walk you through the process step by step; so you don’t face any trouble while getting your files back.
- Step 1: Go to Google photos, and log in if you haven’t already.
- Step 2: Click the question icon to go to Google Photos Help.
- Step 3: A new page with a list of menus will come up. Select “Missing or Deleted files” from the options.
- Step 4: It will transfer you to another set of options, where you can “Request chat” with the google support team or “Email support” to request a response from a support specialist via email. Choose an option, then proceed as instructed on the screen.
Whichever you choose, make sure to state your problem concisely and properly categorize the issue so that it’s easier to get back to you.
Reach out to the community
The google community consists of many experts in cloud and data storage, Google’s certified employees, and many experienced users. So, if you’re facing trouble in the platform, they’re bound to come up with a solution. To tap into the community, do as follows,
- Step 1: Log in to your Google Photos account and click on the question mark sign on the upper bar of the page, just beside “Upload.” It symbolizes the help option.
- Step 2: A popup bar will surface; choose “Delete or restore your photos & videos” from the available choices.
- Step 3: Scroll all the way to the bottom of the newly opened sidebar and click “Open in a new window” to expand the options and access them.
- Step 4: From the bar on top, go for “Can’t find your photos?” Then hit the link “Read more” under “Restore recently deleted or archived items.”
- Step 5: A new post will load on your screen, scroll the farthest down, and you’ll see the option to “Ask the Help Community.” Hit that button.
- Step 6: You’ll be provided with a form to fill up according to your problem. On the first box, write your issue clearly; it will be the headline of your post to attract potential aid. In this case, it will be “Regarding the recovery of permanently deleted photos” or something along the line.
In the next box, explain the situation; you should include how long has it been since it was permanently deleted, approximately how many files you’re looking to retrieve, etc. While stating what methods you have tried, it’d be wise not to mention any third-party apps if you did use them.
- Step 7: After clicking on “Category,” a dropdown menu will appear. Select “Recover Photos.”
- Step 8: Finally hit “Next,” and you’re almost done.
All that is left is to follow the prompts on the screen, and your query will be posted on the forum. Keep an eye on it, and wait for a professional to reach out to you.
Use Recovery Apps
As I’ve already said before, these procedures are super lengthy and have no time limit. So, if you are on the clock, you can opt to look for various recovery software; they can dig out recently deleted files without an issue. You won’t even have to get any paid subscription. These apps are quick, easy to use, and have multiple useful features. Plenty of such software can be found in google play, web stores, etc.
The catch is that no one can actually vouch for the integrity of this kind of software, so you’ll be using it at your own cost.
FAQs On Google Photos
After you delete a photo that’s backed up in Google, it will be moved to the trash. It won’t show up in your gallery anymore. And after 60 days, that image will be permanently deleted. You can also choose to empty trash; then it won’t eat space for 2 long months.
Yes, Google has an elaborate and functional clause that ensures your security and confidentiality. In fact, it’s considered to be one of the safest storage options. Unless you allow access to your file, no one has the authority to view your files, even with a link. Its storing and deleting policies are also solid.
After you delete the photos, they usually go to the trash of your phone. Cleaning the trash or deep cleaning your phone storage usually gets rid of them, hence deleting those permanently. But a digital trace of them still remains in the phone memory; with a powerful restoring app, you can recover those long-lost pictures. Though possibly in low quality.
Not at all; Google photos use the cloud’s storage instead of using your device’s. So even if you change your phone, you can always download the pictures back into your phone’s space. Just log in to your account from the new device and use it as before.
It’s unsettling to lose photos that you need. Having important photos deleted permanently might seem like the end of the road. But t doesn’t have to be; evidently, there are several ways to restore your deleted photos from Google.