In this post, we’ll show you how to remove an account from the messenger. But first, let’s start with some background. Why would you need to do this in the first place? Well, if you have two Facebook accounts and want to keep them separate, or if someone else has access to your phone (like a young child), then removing that account will help keep things private.
Why might you need to remove an account from messenger?
You might want to remove an account from your Messenger app for a variety of reasons, including:
- You have multiple accounts on the same device. For example, you have a personal account and a work account on the same phone.
- You don’t want to log in on all devices. For example, you’ve changed phones or tablets and no longer use that device.
- You don’t want to log in on a device you don’t use anymore. For example, if someone does not use their old smartphone or tablet but their Facebook account is still tied to it. So they could access messages from friends who hadn’t yet updated their lists with new contact information for the person who took over possession of their device (and thus received those messages), that person would need to log out before wiping down their former property since otherwise, anyone else who picked up said the property would also see those messages when they tried logging into Facebook through this particular phone number or email address.”
Steps To Remove An Account From Messenger.
Step 1: Go to Messenger
To remove a messenger account, you must first open the app. If you don’t have the Messenger app on your phone, it’s easy to find and download it.
Go to “Apps” or “Settings.”
Now, tap the “Messenger” icon if it isn’t already open.
In the top left corner of your screen, tap your profile picture when you’re in Messenger, and you see “Switch Accounts” under “Accounts” at the top of the options.
Step 2: Tap Switch Account
To switch accounts, follow these steps:
- Tap on the account you want to switch to.
- Tap on a name, and you’ll be logged out of that current account and into the Facebook account that you tapped.
You can switch between accounts from your phone or computer. When you switch back to your main Facebook account, it will bring up all of the conversations that you had with people on Messenger. To change accounts from the iPhone app, tap More in the bottom corner of the screen and then tap Log Out at the top-right corner of this menu.
Step 3: Delete the Unwanted Account
To delete the Unwanted Account, all you need to do is to identify which account you won’t be needing. On the switch account page, simply press hold the account name that needs to be deleted, and the trash icon will appear at the right of the account.
Click the trash icon, and you will be asked to confirm if you really want to delete the account. Click ‘Remove’ to confirm and complete the process.
It was easy to get started with Facebook messenger and it can also be just as easy to switch back and forth between accounts. If you find yourself in need of doing this often, then it may be a good idea to create an entirely new account for these purposes.