Facebook earns its revenue from advertisements. And sometimes, these ads can be pretty annoying. Facebook does not allow you to remove or block these ads completely; however, you can opt to hide or control them.
User-Friendly Guide To stop all the ads on Facebook
Here are a few steps you can follow if you want to see less ads on your newsfeed!
Method 1: Hide Facebook Ads
- Tap the three dots on the top right of the ad.
- Select “Hide Ad”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
How To hide ads from an advertiser?
- Tap the three dots on the top of the ad.
- Tap “Why am I seeing this ad?”
3. Scroll down to “What You Can Do” and tap “Hide all ads from this advertiser”.
Method 2: Control your Ad Preferences
- Login to your Facebook account.
On the desktop, click on your profile picture on the top right of the screen. Select “Settings & privacy”. Select “Settings”. From there, scroll down and select “Ads”.
On the Facebook app, select the three lines on the top right of your Facebook homepage. Scroll down and select “Settings and privacy”. Select “Settings”. Scroll down, and under “Permissions”, select “Ad Preferences”.
2. Once you’ve clicked on either “Ads” or “Ads Preferences” (depending on what device you’re using), you’ll see three categories: Advertisers, Ad Topics, and Ad Settings. If you click on Advertisers, you’ll see a list of advertisers you’ve seen recently, advertisers you’ve hidden, and advertisers whose ads you’ve clicked. You can hide their ads from here.
3. In Ad Topics, you’ll see topics based on your activity. You can also browse a list of topics and select “See Less” of each topic you choose.
4. Ad Settings uses your search data to show personalized ads based on your activity on other websites and/or apps. You can select each setting, and besides “Allowed,” you can toggle it off by clicking the button so it turns from blue to grey, so it shows you less personalized ads. However, it does not change the number of ads you see.
Under Categories used to reach you, you can toggle off each personalized information like your employer, education, or relationship status so it again shows you less personalized ads.
Frequently Asked Questions on FB Ads
You can’t opt out of Facebook ads completely, as Facebook does not allow it. You can however, hide ads by tapping the three dots on top of the and then tap hide ad.
To do this, click your profile picture or the three lines on the top right of your screen (depending on what device you’re using), go to Settings & Privacy > Settings > Ads > Ad Settings. Click “Data about your activity from partners” and turn the toggle off to stop Facebook from showing personalized ads.
Yes, Facebook uses your profile information to show you ads. To see less personalized ads, click your profile > settings & privacy > settings > ad preferences > ad topics and toggle off each personalized information you don’t want Facebook to use.
Yes, you definitely can. To do this, just tap on the three dots on top of the ad, select “Why am I seeing this ad?” then select “What You Can Do” and then select “Hide all ads from this advertiser”.
Unfortunately, no. You can see less personalized ads, but you can never change the number of ads you see on your newsfeed.
How to Control FB Ads
Facebook ads can sometimes be too personalized and annoying. Although they don’t allow us to opt-out or block these ads completely, you can always hide ads or control all the ads you see. This does not stop the ads you see on your Facebook newsfeed; however it makes the ads less personalized.
Check out our other article on How To Block Ads On Chrome iPhone?