The popular social app Facebook lets users watch live and posted videos, chat with their friends, share photos and videos, and comment on each other’s posts. Lately, Facebook has announced a new feature called “live Facebook,” through which users can live stream their events with their followers/audience.
This feature is inoffensive; however, it automatically sends notifications to concerned people, and eventually, people end up stranded with loads of unwanted notifications.
This is when people ask, how do I turn off live videos on Facebook? Using this guide, you can learn how to turn off Facebook’s live video notifications.
Turning Off Live Videos Notifications on Facebook Through Desktop
Follow these steps if you are looking to turn off live video notifications from your desktop:
- Head to Facebook.com from your desktop browser. Select your profile picture at the top right corner of your screen and then choose “Settings & Privacy” > “Settings.”
- Scroll down and select “Notifications” from the left side menu.
- Scroll down again and select “Videos.” Click the toggle to turn off the live video notifications.
Turning Off Live Video Notifications on Facebook Through Mobile Phones
Turn off live video notifications on Facebook using a cellphone by following these steps:
- Go to the Facebook app and select the hamburger icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Navigate down and tap “Settings & Privacy” > “Settings.”
- Choose “notifications” and then select “video.”
- Press the toggle to turn off the live video notifications.
FAQs On Facebook Live
Just like you start live broadcasting on Facebook for your audience, you can end it by selecting “Finish.”
If you want to mute live videos on Facebook, go to settings and select media. Now choose sounds and then click on next to mute in-app video sounds.
Head to the group on which you want to broadcast the live video. Scroll down to locate group settings from the left panel. Select privacy and then choose “private” or “public” for your live video.
Access the Facebook app from your phone. Find live videos either through your news feed or by settings. You can also look for live videos from a certain page.
Head to Facebook and select media below the “preferences” section. You will find facebook sound settings at the bottom of the “video and photo settings” page. Click on the “sounds in the app” to turn off the option to play sounds in the Facebook app.
You can turn off live video notifications completely from your settings. Go to the settings and then select notifications. Under this section, look for “videos” and tap the toggle to turn off live video notifications. You can also turn off this option for individual pages or people by going to the live video posts. Tap the three-dot button and select turn off live notifications.
You may also learn How Do I Unlink My Facebook From Call of Duty Mobile?