Apple offers a number of subscription services. The list includes iCloud Plus, Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, TV Channels, Arcade, News Plus, and Fitness Plus. You can easily manage your subscriptions using any Apple device. However, if you don’t have one, you can manage your accounts in many ways. Here are the steps to canceling your subscription to services that you got through iTunes. In this article, we will talk about How Do You Cancel Subscriptions On iTunes?
Canceling iTunes subscriptions using your Mac or MacBook
- Launch the App Store app and click on your profile icon at the bottom left side of the screen.
- Choose “Account Settings” from the menu bar found at the top of the window.
- Log into your account using the Apple ID and password you used for subscribing to the service you wish to cancel.
- Scroll down and find the section for your subscriptions. Click on the “Manage” link beside it.
- Find the subscription you want to cancel from the Active list. Click on the “Edit” option to its right.
- Click on the white “Cancel Subscription” option.
- If you are trying to cancel an Apple One subscription, you will be given a choice to choose which individual service you want to keep. If you don’t want to keep any, just click on the “Cancel Apple One” button. Otherwise, click on the tabs beside the services you want to keep. Then click on the blue button showing the new subscription rates.
- The next window will show your new subscription rates (for Apple One subscribers only). Click on that to complete the transaction.
Cancel iTunes subscriptions using your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad
- Launch the Settings app from the home screen.
- Tap the Apple ID at the top of the screen. Make sure that this is the Apple ID that is associated with your subscriptions. If not, sign out and log into the correct account.
- Click on the “Subscriptions” option. It should be under “Payment & Shipping”.
- You will be presented with a list of services that you are subscribed to. Find and tap on the name of the subscription that you wish to cancel.
- Tap on the red “Cancel Subscription” or “Cancel All Services” (if you are subscribed to Apple One). You can also opt to turn off the Automatic Renewal option. Verify the action to complete the cancellation process.
- For Apple One subscribers, you will be presented with an option to choose the individual options you want to keep. Tap on the buttons on the right to choose the service you wish to keep. Click on the blue button at the bottom to show your new subscription fee.
- Tap on the blue “Confirm” button if you are happy with your new subscription details.
FAQs on Canceling iTunes Subscription
Go to the iTunes page and tap on the “iTunes” option. It will show your spending on the historical chart. To see the breakdown of your subscriptions (and cancel any), tap on the button marked “Manage Subscription”.
You can only use your Apple devices to cancel subscriptions that you signed up for using your Apple ID. If you can’t find the service from your Apple device, you will need to contact the service provider via the company’s email, app, or customer service hotline.
If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can launch Apple Music on your device and tap the “Listen Now” icon. Tap on the settings menu (three dots) and look for Account. From there, tap on the “Manage Subscription” option and “Cancel Subscription”. You can also cancel the subscription on your Play Store storefront.
When you cancel your subscription to the service, you lose access to the music (including the playlists) that you’ve saved. You can keep track of your songs by getting screenshots of the titles on your playlist and downloading them using a different streaming service.
Yes. Once you cancel your Apple One trial, all the benefits that go with it get cut off immediately. Additionally, when you cancel the trial, you will not be able to reactivate the trial again. If you want to use any of the services that go with it, you’d have to pay for the subscription.