It is not uncommon to have multiple accounts on Instagram. It is a convenient way to separate one aspect of your life from another. However, if you decide that you have too many and want to simplify or want to start fresh with a new aesthetic, it’s quite easy to delete multiple Instagram accounts. In this guide, I’ll show you How Do You Delete Multiple Instagram Accounts.
1. Remove The Account Using The App
1. Launch the Instagram app on your iOS or Android device. Tap your profile picture in the bottom-right corner.
2. On your Instagram profile page, tap the hamburger menu. This can be found at the top right corner of the screen.
3. From the menu, tap the “Settings” option. This has the gear icon beside it.
4. Scroll down and look for the “Accounts Center” link. This should be under the Meta label and icon.
5. Click “Accounts” under Accounts settings on the accounts center page.
6. You will see a list of profiles and accounts connected to you. Choose the account you want to delete and click on the “Remove” button on the right.
7. Verify the action by clicking on the blue “Continue” button.
8. Instagram will ask if you want to create a new password for the account that will be separated. If you choose to create a new password, the system will send you a code to do so. Enter the confirmation code in the box, then click “Next.”
9. Type the new password. A new screen will load, informing you that the account will be removed from your Accounts center. Click on the blue “Remove” button.
2. Remove the account on the website
- Go to https://www.instagram.com/, then log into your main account.
- Click on your profile picture to go to the settings menu. Click on “Settings.”
- On the profile page, find the link to the “Accounts Center.”
- On the sidebar, find and click on “Accounts.”
- The screen will now show all the related Instagram accounts. Find the account you wish to delete and click the “Remove” button beside it.
- Confirm the action by clicking on the blue “Remove [account name]” button.
FAQs On Deleting Multiple Instagram Accounts
One reason for having multiple Instagram accounts is to cater to different audiences or geographic locations. Users could have different content preferences or demographics, so using the different Instagram accounts will allow you to tailor your entries.
This feature allows you to add and switch between multiple Instagram accounts without needing to log out and log into another. This is available on Instagram version 7.15.
If you have multiple Instagram accounts, you can combine all your posts as long as you have the login details for those separate accounts. Go to your account and find the Preferences and Privacy menu. Click on the “Performance” option. Click on “Merge Accounts,” then follow the instructions provided by the app.
Each user can create up to 5 Instagram accounts within the app under one email address.
Unless the user provided personal information on the account, it is almost impossible to trace Instagram accounts, especially fake ones.
Read our other post, How to Translate Instagram Comments?