A better way to understand what a person stands for is by looking at his old tweets. The old tweets tell a lot about a brand helping you make informed decisions. How do you find people’s old tweets? This common question has given users a hard time because many solutions offered don’t work. Thus this guide will be helpful when searching old tweets posted by someone.
Use Twitter Advanced Search to Find People’s Old Tweets
The Advanced Search feature for Twitter has been recognized as one of the easiest methods when finding someone’s old tweets. The feature is useful when searching for specific keywords in tweets, and you can filter content according to dates. Moreover, it is important to note that the feature is available on the Twitter website alone. To use the feature, follow the steps below:
- Open the Twitter website and use your credentials to log in. You will be required to enter our email or phone number and the password for Twitter.
- Navigate to the search icon and search for some random content.
3. Allow the content you have searched for to load and select the three dots that will be seen on the right end of the search icon.
4. Click on the three dots, navigate downwards, and select the Advanced search option. The search icon denotes the feature.
5. Enter the details of the information you are searching for in the form. Enter the account name you are searching for, and if you know the dates when the tweet was sent, you can specify them in the spaces.
6. Click the search button after entering the necessary information, and you will see all the tweets sent by that account starting from the latest. Thus, you need to scroll through to the oldest tweet.
Specifying the dates of the tweets will help you to access the tweets easily. Otherwise, you will have to search through all tweets to find the oldest, which can be tiring and time-consuming.
Find People’s Old Tweets Using Trackmyhashtag
Trackmyhashtag is a third-party tool that you can use to track all tweets by someone, and it offers a free trial. However, it is important to note that when you want to access historical tweets, the platform does so for members who have paid a subscription fee. To use this tool:
- Open the Trackmyhashtag on its official site.
- Create an account with the platform.
- Use your credentials to log in.
- Navigate to the Historical data section and select the Request Data option.
5. Enter the required details to request the old tweets, then click the Submit button.
The platform will email you the required tweets and other details.
Yes. There are various ways you can use to find someone’s old tweet. You can use the advanced search feature for Twitter that requires no installation of any third-party tools or seek trusted third-party tools you can use. It is recommendable to use the advanced search feature as it allows you to search a person’s tweet for a specific date. This saves you a lot of time you could have spent scrolling from the latest to the oldest tweet.
Sometimes search engines like Google and others rank tweets no matter if your profile is public or private. It is likely to find your old tweets being retrieved by people if they search for them because it is stored in the cache. Otherwise, it may be hard to find a deleted tweet, especially if the search engines are up to date.
Yes. You can access your old tweets by downloading the Twitter archive. Click More to download the Twitter archive and then hit the Settings and Privacy option. You will see an option called Your Twitter Data under the Account section, then select the confirm button after submitting your password under Download your Twitter data. Twitter will email you, and you can select the Download button to download a Zip file containing all your tweets.
Yes, you can find a specific tweet without the hassles of scrolling from the latest only when you know the specific date when the tweet was posted. The advanced search feature for Twitter allows you to filter tweets according to dates saving you the hassle of scrolling.
Twitter offers a maximum limit on the number of older tweets you can access. The platform allows users to access the latest 3200 tweets, but you can get around the limit by using keywords when using the advanced search feature for Twitter.
It is good to find someone’s old tweets, especially when looking to partner with someone. Finding old tweets can give you an overview of what a person stands for. If you are finding it hard to find old tweets posted by someone’ read this guide, and you will find any old tweet posted by someone easily.