Did you know any device connected to your Google account can access important information regarding your account? Any devices with access to your Google account can access data like saved passwords. We advise removing a google account that is open on your lost device to avoid information leaks. This guide will explain how you can easily remove a device from a google account, whether you can access the device or not.
You can also learn how to remove an account from the Gmail list on your device.
Steps To remove a Device from Your Google Account Using Smartphone.
Signing in to your Google account on your smartphone, you can use it to remove a device from your account by following the steps explained as follows:
- Open the Settings applications of your Mobile device.
- Navigate downwards and select the Google option.
3. You will see a blue button for Manage your Google Account. Click on it.
4. Now, it will take you to the home page. Scroll sideways until you reach the Security option.
5. Click on Security and search for the Manage devices option.
6. Navigate to the device you want to remove and click on the side arrow.
7. Click on the Sign out option.
8. Confirm by clicking on signing out again on the prompt that pops up.
Steps Using A PC to Remove a Device from Your Google Account.
Using a computer is the easiest method to remove a device from your Google account. This method is also suitable when you don’t have access to the device connected to your Google account. Once you have your computer, perform the following steps:
- On your computer, launch Google.
- Click on your profile in the top right corner of your computer.
3. Go to the Manage your Google account option and tap it.
4. You will see various options on top of the screen. Navigate to Settings and click on it.
5. Navigate downwards and select the Manage all devices option.
6. All the devices signed to your Google account will appear under the Your devices, including the one you are signed in currently. Please navigate to the device you want to remove, then click on it.
7. You will see two options once you click on the device. Select the Sign out option.
Factory Reset a Device to Remove Google Account.
If you have removed a device from your Google account and still see it listed, you can do a factory reset if you can access it. When you factory reset a device, it appears as if it is new, and this feature will erase all settings you had made before.
Depending on your device, there are various ways to factory reset. We advise checking how factory reset works on your device. Moreover, to exploit this method, you must have access to the device you wish to be removed from the devices accessing your Google account.
Yes. You can easily remove a device from your Google account whether you have it with you. In a case, whether you don’t have the device, use another device, like a computer, to log in to your account. Once logged in, navigate to manage account, and under the security option, you will see devices logged to the account. Click on the one you want to remove and select the Sign out option.
Yes. Even if you don’t have access to the device, you can still remove it when you have another device that can access your Google account. Find another device, log into your account and select that device you wish to remove, as explained in this post.
Sometimes, you may try to remove a device from accessing your Google account and still find it logged in. It rarely happens, but in such cases, you need to factory reset a phone to remove it completely. Once you factory reset the device, everything will be wiped out, making it look like a new device.
No. When you change a password and save it on your computer, any logged-in device will see the saved password and remain logged in. If you want to change a password, ensure the device is removed before changing your password. Otherwise, changing the password while the device is logged in will not remove the device.
When two-step verification is set up for your account, no device can log in to your account without a code. Setting up the verification is a good way of ensuring no device will access your account in the future unless they have access to the device with two step-verification. You can set up two-step verification from the setting application of your mobile device.
With a Google account accessing various sites makes applications easier. Google created the accounts to ensure no one gets access to another person’s account. If you lose a device or want to sell it, you must ensure to disable your Google account. If you are looking for simple ways to remove a device from your Google account, read this post, and you will do so quickly from your smartphone or PC!