“Hi everyone, I recently set up Parental Control on my Amazon Fire Stick to prevent my kids from watching inappropriate content. Now I can’t remember the pin. How do you reset the Child Pin on Amazon Fire Stick? Any help?
Methods To Reset The Child Pin On Amazon Fire Stick
The above scenario is not unique to this user. With Amazon Fire Stick, you can access a wide range of content, including Netflix, Hulu, and several video games. But, not all of these are suitable for children so setting up Parental Controls is a great idea. It’s also possible to forget the Parental Control pin you created. How do you reset the Child Pin on Amazon Fire Stick? This article will guide on how to reset/change the Child Pin on Amazon Fire Stick.
Forgetting the Child Pin on Fire Stick can be annoying, especially when you need to make a few changes to the parental control settings. Thankfully, there’s a way to reset the pin. Follow the steps below to learn how to do so.
First Method: Reset The Child Pin On your Amazon Fire TV
- Navigate to “Preferences” , then select “Parental Controls,” and type in any random pin. A code should pop up below the pin.
- Visit https://www.amazon.com/code. Login to your account, input the code in the text box and hit “Continue.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your pin. Make sure you save the new pin on your notepad or write it down.
Second Method: To reset the Child pin on your computer
- Open your browser and type in amazon.com. Sign in to your Amazon account.
- On the homepage, type “Prime Video” in the search bar, click on the Tools icon at the top-right corner, and select “Settings.”
- Next, click on “Parental Controls.”
- Click on “Change Pin,” then input the new pin you want to use and hit “Save.”
Third Method: To Reset the Child pin on your mobile phone
- Open the Amazon shopping app. Once logged in, go to the search bar and type “Prime Video” then select “Menu.”
- Under Menu, scroll down to “Settings,” then tap “Parental Controls.”
- Under the Parental Controls tab, tap “Change,” then input the new pin.
If you know your pin, but everyone knows it as well, including your kids, then you don’t have to ask, “How do you reset the Child pin on Amazon Fire Stick?” You can simply change the pin using the abovementioned methods. If you want to change the pin on your Fire TV, here’s how to do so:
- Go to “Preferences”, choose “Parental Controls,” then select “Change Pin.”
How To Turn Off Parental Controls On Fire Stick
You can easily disable Parental Controls on Fire Stick if enabled unnecessarily or if you no longer see a need to control what your child watches on Prime Video. Here’s how you can turn off Parental Controls on Amazon Fire Stick
- Go to “Preferences” and select “Parental Controls.”
- Select “Parental Controls ON”
- Input your pin, turn it off then confirm your selection.
Frequently Asked Questions on Amazon Fire Stick
There you have your answer to your query-How Do You Reset The Child Pin On Amazon Fire Stick? Read on to see a few other questions commonly asked by users about Amazon Fire Stick.
Of course, nobody wants an unexpected credit card bill from Amazon. To restrict unauthorized purchases on Fire Stick, go to “Preferences” on your Fire Stick, select “Parental Controls,” and select “Pin Protect Purchases ON.” Ensure you have set up as this will prevent anyone from making unauthorized purchases from your account.
Yes. To set up the time-tracking feature on the Fire Stick, you need the FreeTime app by Amazon.
1. Open the FreeTime app on your Fire Stick
2. Select “Get started,” then input your PIN
3. Enter your child’s information, such as name and age
4. Select “Daily goals & Time Limits,” then you can choose how much time they can use a particular app
5. You can also use the “Turn off by” option to set up bedtime for your kids
You can set up Parental Controls even if you don’t have a Fire Stick device. You just have to be a Prime Video subscriber. Simply sign in to your Prime video account on a web browser or mobile phone and navigate to settings, then select “Parental Controls.” You can set up your pin, age restriction, and other settings. You can also choose the devices you want these restrictions to apply.
If you jailbreak your Fire Stick, you’ll be able to access free TV shows, movies, and more content. Also, Amazon’s portable Fire TV stick gets a lot better when you jailbreak it.
No. However, you can erase all downloaded content, including in-app purchases, through a factory reset. Once you factory reset your Firestick device, all account information will be deleted permanently.
Read another informative article on How Do I Cancel Starz on Amazon Prime?