- Your USPS account will unlock automatically.
- After 24 hours of inactivity.
- If you remember the password to the account.
- Login as normal once it is unlocked.
- To reset your password if you can’t remember it.
- Click on “Forgot Password”.
- At the log-in page of usps.com
If you are temporarily locked out of your account, wait until the time period expires before trying to log into your account again. If you cannot regain access to your account, contact the USPS Help Desk and request a password reset.
If you cannot find your password, enter the answers to the secret questions you created when you created your account. You can unlock it by clicking “Forgot Password” on USPS’s website. Our support team will be able to send a text message to help reset your password if necessary.
If you’ve already moved, visit reg.usps.com/restoreaccess to enter the validation code listed on the physical letter that was mailed to your new address. This will automatically restore your access to Informed Delivery at your new house.
There are two ways you can close your USPS account. You can either send them an email from the address associated with your account and ask them to delete it, or you can file a support ticket through their support page (the link is in this sentence).
Further reading: https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/contact-us.htm