When you log in using your Microsoft account on Xbox, you have the option to be required to use two-factor authentication or 2FA. Even though it may seem as if setting a complicated and distinctive password is sufficient, it’s a good idea to add an extra safety layer to your Xbox. This article includes a detailed guide on how to activate 2FA in Fortnite on Xbox.
The Fortnite Two-Factor Authentication
By enabling an additional layer of verification for Fortnite, two-factor authentication, also known as 2FA or multifactor authentication, increases the security of your account. The game will ask you for one of the two kinds of authentication if it detects a login from a new device and asks you to verify your identity. It will either require a code from an authenticator app such as Microsoft Authenticator, Google Authenticator, Authy, or LastPass Authenticator or send a code through email that is solely intended for the account owner. It implies that your account will be protected from hacking and password breaches.
Steps to Activate 2FA on Xbox in Fortnite
Fortnite’s 2FA setup on Xbox is identical to the setup on other platforms. To achieve that, adhere to the guidelines below:
- Access the “Epic Games” website and log in using your credentials.
- Go over to “Account Settings,” and then select the option of “Password & Security.”
- To access the “Two-Factor Authentication” section, scroll to the bottom.
- To use your designated email for the 2FA process, choose the “Enable Email Authentication” option.
- If you’d like to designate one among the existing 2FA apps as the desired choice, you can choose “Enable Authentication App.” The app store on your device is where you may find the 2FA apps. Microsoft Authenticator, Google Authenticator, Authy, and LastPass Authenticator are among the most popular applications.
- You will be given a verification code to enter upon sign-in if you select the email authentication option.
You can sign into your Xbox with assurance if 2FA is enabled since it adds a robust layer of security above and beyond your password. Firstly, the Xbox will ask for your email address and password, after which it will request a code from one of the 2FA setups you made. You don’t have to go through this procedure every time you log in because you can designate the Xbox as a trusted device.
You will have to first set up a Microsoft Account to activate 2FA in Fortnite on Xbox One. Following the instructions below, you can enable 2FA after creating your account:
– Choose “Settings” from the Fortnite menu page.
– Choose “Security & Privacy” under “Account.”
– Select “Two-factor authentication” and then press “Enable.”
Click the “Options” tab, then choose the “Gift” option to allow gifting in Fortnite. You can create a recipient listing and select a gift amount at this point. Your pals will be capable of sending you Fortnite-related presents once you’ve finished these steps.
There are several possible causes for 2FA not to be functioning. The first is that you might not have successfully enabled 2FA. You must create a code and store it in a secure location to set up 2FA. When logging into your account, you must then input the code. 2FA might not function if you lose your code or don’t have accessibility to it.
Another option is that your phone’s security settings prevent 2FA from working.
Using two-factor authentication and other security protocols will ensure that no one else may access your account without your permission. Typically, you will receive the two-factor authentication code via email or a text message on your phone.
You may also learn How to Get Aimbot in Fortnite on Xbox? quickly.