Photoshop is a great software tool that has been used by many people when they need to do any tasks regarding editing pictures and making changes to make pictures as presentable as they wish. However, Photoshop is a professional, and not everyone may use it, especially when you are a beginner. But the good news is that there are many ways you can still add a person to a photo when you don’t want to use Photoshop.
This guide explains the best steps to add a person to a photo without Photoshop. Let’s get started!
three methods To Add a Person to A Photo Without Photoshop
Sometimes you have taken a beautiful picture for this big occasion, but somebody is missing. If you feel the other person should not miss the photo, you can try using some tools to add them.
You can use many tools on the internet to add a person to a photo, and the different features offered by the software will determine the software you will choose to add a person to a photo. Some of these tools are free, while others must be paid for. This guide will present three ways of adding a person to a photo without Photoshop.
Use GIMP to Add a Person to a Photo for Free
GIMP is a powerful photo-editing tool that you can use to add a person to a photo for free. GIMP is like Photoshop; although it may take some time to achieve your aim, it will get the job done whether you are on a Windows or Mac operating system.
- Install GIMP on your computer.
- Tap on File and click Open to import the photo of the person you wish to add to a photo once you Launch the software.
- Select the photo outline of the person you wish to add to a Photo using your mouse. Tap on Path Tools to direct your mouse you want to take the outline of the person’s photo. Long press on the Control tab once you are done taking the outline of the photo.
- Go to the Paths panel and right-click on the path, then select the path to selection option.
- Tap on Select, then choose the invert option.
- If you wish to remove any background, click on Edit then choose to clear the background.
- Click on Select, then invert for the second time.
- Right-click on the person’s photo, tap on Edit and choose Copy.
- Open the photo you wish to add a person to by importing it. Click on File, then choose Open to import the photo.
- Right-click on the photo you are adding the photo, choose the Edit option then hit the Paste button.
- Move the position of the person using the selection tool.
- If you need to resize the photo to fit the other picture, tap on Layer, then choose the Scale Layer option.
- Save the photo you have added a person to by clicking on File and then choosing the Export option.
The above steps will enable you to add a person to a photo, although it will take time.
Add a Person to a Photo Using Movavi Picverse
Movavi Picverse is another photo-editing tool you can utilize to add a person to a photo. However, this software tool may not be free and may require you to pay a subscription fee to access it. The advantage of this software tool is that it is easier to use, and you can achieve your aim quickly.
- Visit the Movavi Picverse website to install the software on your Mac or Pc.
- Import the photo you wish to add to a photo.
- Select the person using the Polygonal Lasso Tool.
- Click on Copy to select the person, tap on File, and click on Open to import the photo to which you will add the person.
- Use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+V to paste the image you copied to the photo.
- Apply the necessary changes like resizing, positioning, and other effects, and click on Apply to make the changes effective.
- Save your photo using the CTRL+S or clicking on File, then choose the Save option.
You can also check the user manual on how to use more effects to add a person to a photo using Movavi Picverse.
Other Tools for Adding a Person to a Photo
The two mentioned tools are not the only ones you can use to add a person to a photo. There are several photo editing tools you can check on, like Luminar Neo, Tucia, Canva, and PicMonkey, among others. You can check on the features and choose the most appropriate tool to add a person to a photo.
FAQs On Adding a Person to A Photo Without Photoshop
Yes. The development of many photo editing tools had made it easier to add a person to a photo even if they were absent when it was taken. You can use various tools like Photoshop and other tools explained in this guide to add a person to a photo or make any changes.
The steps followed when adding a person to a photo differ depending on your tool. But the general steps involve opening the tool you are using to add the person, importing their picture, removing the background information you don’t want to capture, and copying the picture. Once you have copied the picture, you can open the picture you will add the person to and paste the picture, then make a few changes to ensure the person is positioned well and save the photo.
There is no one answer to this question, as it depends on the features you wish to use. Apps are suitable depending on the features they offer. You can check the features of the different apps and choose the best depending on the feature you wish to use.
Yes. You can use several free photo-editing software to add a person to a photo. Such software tools include GIMP, PhotoWorks, and several other applications. Others may need a subscription fee, but they can allow you to use the tool for free for the first time.
Yes. If you want to remove a person from a photo, you need to choose a suitable photo editing application and use it to remove the unwanted person. Removing and adding people from photos has been made possible using the apps like Photoshop and others.
Photo editing software has made it easy for people to make any changes to pictures and present them in the suitable way they desire. If you are looking for a way of adding a person to a Photo without using Photoshop, read this guide and discover three ways to achieve your aim!
Read another article on How to Photoshop a Picture on iPhone?