The iCloud is an Apple software that helps to keep all your personal data like your photos, music, videos, passwords, and files safely. To get the most from your iPhone you must know how to open and operate your iCloud account on your iPhone.
In this guide, I’ll show you how to add a new iCloud account through your iPhone settings.
Steps To Add Another iCloud Account to Your iPhone.
In case you just got a new iPhone, and you’re wondering how you can transfer all your old files into your iPhone, you would have to add and sign in to your iCloud account on your iPhone.
Also, you may want to add a totally different iCloud account to your current iPhone. This section would explain how to do so.
1. Open the Settings app on the home screen.
2. Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
3. Scroll down and tap on Sign Out to login out from the current iCloud account.
4. Now enter your password to the current iCloud account. Once you’ve entered your password, tap Turn Off.
5. Next, if you want to keep some copies of data on this iPhone you can do that.
6. Once you’ve selected the kinds of data you want to keep, tap on Sign Out.
7. Then, you can enter your new credentials to add a new iCloud account.
Alternatively, You Can Use This Method As A Backup To Add Multiple Icloud Accounts To Your iPhone.
In case you want to sync and transfer important data in different applications to your new iCloud account, this method is most suitable for this purpose.
1. Launch the Settings app by tapping on its icon.
2. Scroll down and select the required app. For instance, I selected Notes.
3. Tap on Accounts.
4. Tap on Add Account.
5. Under the Add Account section, you would have to select the type of account you want to add. Tap on iCloud.
6. Next, enter the account name and password of the new account.
7. Then, the phone number linked to the new iCloud account will receive a verification code via text message. The six-digit code is required to verify the new iCloud account.
8. Once you’ve completed the verification process, the second account would be added to your iPhone.
No, you can’t join two different accounts together. You can only add another account to your Apple ID account.
If you aren’t clear on how the iCloud works and how to add more accounts to the iCloud, here are some popularly asked questions by iPhone users.
Yes, you can. But you would choose which of the two accounts would be the primary account for storing photos, passwords, videos, and documents while the second account can act as a backup account.
No, you can’t. If you want to create a new iCloud account, you would need a new phone number. After you’ve created the new iCloud account with the new phone number, then, you can add the iCloud account to your iPhone.
You can only have three iCloud accounts. Each type of Apple device is limited to three iCloud accounts per device. This is a fixed limitation and cannot be changed.
They are related but are quite different. The Apple ID is your personal account made specifically for you on your iPhone. It allows you to access all your media files and passwords stored on iCloud.
To add a new iCloud account to your Apple ID is very easy and a matter of seconds. This is very helpful for the transfer and syncing of important data to multiple Apple accounts.
Hope you found this guide helpful. Thanks for reading.