There are many creative ways to use Instagram to share your experiences and spark conversation. The reels feature on Instagram lets you capture and share short videos from everyday moments. Text can be a potent tool for telling your story in an image. They help people understand what the image is about and what its specific topic is. Let’s learn how to add text to your Instagram reels.
You can also learn how to add multiple pictures to your Instagram story to make it more attractive.
Steps to Add Text on Instagram Reels
- Select a Reel: The first step is to select a reel to add text. Tap on the Create button at the bottom of your screen.
2. Tap the camera icon at the top right of the screen and click the record option.
3. Add Text: After you select a reel or record your video, tap the “Aa” section to add text.
4. You can type out any message and perform several operations, such as changing the font, size, style, and background color.
5. Share Your Reel: Once you’re happy, save your reel. You can also look at your saved drafts and continue editing them or create a new reel from scratch. When satisfied with your reel, tap the share button and choose the post option.
Where to Add Text on Your Instagram Reels
You can add text anywhere on your reel, wherever it works best for you, as long as it doesn’t overlap another part of the video (like your main subject’s face). That said, a few places on your reel are better suited for text than others — like the beginning and the end of your reel. The beginning of the reel is an excellent place for a title and description of your video, while the end of the reel is perfect for a call to action or a link to your website or blog.
Which Fonts Are Available For Instagram Reels?
Any fonts you have added to your Instagram bio will also be available for your reels. If you don’t have any fonts in your bio, you can choose from several different fonts available on Instagram. Choose a font that matches your brand’s voice and aesthetics.
Tips for Adding Text on Your Instagram Reels
- Keep it short. Instagram reels are short-form content, so make sure the text in your reel fits with that. A great rule of thumb is to keep your text to about five words or less.
- Make it clickable. If you want people to click through to your website or blog post, ensure the text in your reel includes a URL.
- Add a call to action. Include a call to action in your text if you want to spark conversation with your viewers.
- Be creative. There are no rules when it comes to adding text to your reels. Be as creative as you want to be, and try new things.
Unfortunately, no. This feature is only available on regular photo and video posts, so it would not be accurate to include a view counter on reels.
You can create reels of any length you’d like, though they must be shorter than one minute.
Yes, all reels will appear like any other post you share in your feed.
Yes, you can use hashtags just like you do with regular posts.
Yes, you can use all Instagram creative tools with reels, including Boomerangs, Superzoom, and regular photo and video posts.
Now that you know what an Instagram reel is, how to add text to your reels, and where to place the text on your reel, we hope you feel inspired to try out this new video format. With reels, you can create unique content to help you stand out from the crowd and spark new conversations with your audience.