Instagram is a social app with various options, including sharing posts or stories, going live, sending out DMs, sharing IGTV videos, and audio and video calls. If you have been thinking about how to audio call on Instagram, then this guide is for you.
Concerning audio calling on Instagram, you can easily make an audio call on Instagram. However, you need to make sure that the person you are calling is your follower on Instagram.
Follow these methods to quickly audio call your friends on Instagram. You can also learn how to save voice messages on Instagram.
Method 1: Audio Calling on Instagram Through a Mobile Phone.
- Go to the Instagram app on your phone and press the messenger icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Look for the person to audio call using the search box or select from the given available chats.
- Once the chat is opened, select the phone icon next to the video call icon at the top right corner.
- Now you can speak to your friend easily. If you want to end the call, press the “red phone icon.”
Method 2: Audio Calling on Instagram Through a Desktop.
- Head to Instagram using your desktop browser. Click on the messenger icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Search for the person you want to audio-call with and open their chat.
- Click on the phone icon to start an audio call.
- A new tab will open. Select “start call” and ensure your microphone is turned on. Click on the small video icon present on the address bar.
- Once you finish speaking with your friend, press the red phone icon to end the call.
Yes, you can audio call on Instagram. Just go to your friend’s profile and select the message option. Their chat will be opened. Press the phone icon to start an audio call. Your followers can do the same to audio call you if you follow them back.
If your Instagram app is not showing an audio call option, the reason for this could be that you didn’t update your app. You can try updating the app or reinstalling it from the app store or play store.
Instagram offers end-to-end encryption to its users for both messaging and calling. With Instagram, your content is completely safe. Encryption ensures that no one, not even Facebook, can see or hear what’s being sent or said.
Yes, Instagram calls are entirely free for their users. You can audio call or video call your followers using the phone option present in the chat. However, related to video calls, users can only add a maximum of 6 participants at the moment.
No, you cannot call someone who doesn’t follow you. When you send someone a message who doesn’t follow you, your message will appear as a request in their inbox. The same happens when you make a call.