Normally, when you decide to block a contact, it restricts the person from calling you or sending text messages. Sometimes, due to one reason or another, you may want to block incoming calls from your iPhone. You may be busy with an app and you do not want to be interrupted by phone calls from your contacts.
Luckily, you can block calls only without affecting text messages. This means that you can still receive text messages from your contacts. With the Do Not Disturb (DND) feature, you can customize and edit how you block incoming calls on your iPhone.
This exclusive blog post covers all you need to block calls only on your iPhone. You can also learn how to block ads on chrome on iPhone easily.
steps to Block Calls Only on iPhone.
To restrict calls from your iPhone, use these steps here.
1. On your iPhone home screen, tap on the Settings icons.
2. Tap on the Focus Setting.
3. Tap on the Do Not Disturb setting.
4. Next, tap on the toggle switch to turn on the Do Not Disturb setting.
5. Scroll down and tap on Allowed Notifications. In this section, you can choose whose calls you want to accept and the app’s notifications that you want to receive.
6. Under the Also Allow section, you can select a general option on whose calls you want to receive.
If you want incoming calls to be completely blocked, tap on No One. If you want to accept calls from your favorite contacts, tap on Favourites.
7. Enable the toggle on Allow Repeated Calls to allow anyone who calls you multiple times in three minutes to access your line.
8. Next, tap on the Back icon at the top left corner of your screen to exit the setting.
Alternatively, You Can Easily Access This Setting Via The Control Center To Block Calls Only On IPhone.
- By swiping up on your home screen, open the Control Center.
2. Next, tap on the Focus feature denoted as a crescent-shaped moon icon to enable the DND mode.
3. Then, select the Focus Mode you want. Here, tap on Do Not Disturb.
Of course, you can. Blocking a contact’s phone number will block both calls and messages, so if you only want to block calls, you have to enable the Do Not Disturb feature on your iPhone.
You have to enable the Do Not Disturb feature on your iPhone to block calls Only.
The Do Not Disturb feature blocks all incoming calls. Incoming calls are mailed to your voicemail. They aren’t received as missed calls.
If you block a number on your iPhone or Android, they won’t be able to contact you. Even if they try to contact you through text, their messages would be tagged as sent but won’t be delivered to your line.
No, you won’t. A blocked contact won’t be able to contact you through texts or calls. The sent message would be tagged as sent but won’t be delivered to you, so you won’t be able to reply to him or her without unblocking the contact.