Suppose you’re a regular user of printing devices. In that case, you’ll always have in the back that your printer needs an adequate amount of ink to seamlessly print your documents or images. In this guide, we’ll take you through every step of How To Bypass HP Instant Ink.
HP Instant Ink is an additional feature introduced into the printing world by HP that ensures uninterrupted printing. Nevertheless, its pricing constraints are not a good fit for a new printing professional. If you’re caught up in this situation, we’ll guide you through how to bypass HP Instant Ink in this article.
What Is HP Instant Ink?
Before diving into the methods for bypassing HP instant ink, let’s get acquainted with the HP instant ink feature—what it is and what you should know before using it.
HP Instant Ink is a monthly subscription plan that HP printer users use to get HP Instant Ink cartridges whenever they run low on ink. With this subscription, HP monitors your ink usage, and we’ll send a new ink cartridge whenever your ink level drops. The incredible thing about this feature is that you’ll never run out of ink during a printing operation.
Occasionally, HP instant ink cartridge delivery takes no more than ten days. So, to prevent running out of ink suddenly, this feature is a must-have. Nevertheless, connect your printer to the internet so HP can adequately monitor your cartridge level.
How To Bypass HP Instant Ink?
Bypassing HP instant ink requires you to cancel your HP instant ink subscription. Let’s take you through the diverse methods right away!
Method 1: Using HP’s Official Website
This method is the easiest way to bypass the HP Instant Ink feature if you don’t have much time to spend in front of your screen. Here’s how to use HP’s official website to bypass HP instant ink:
- Step 1: Open the web browser on your PC or smartphone.
- Step 2: Go to HP’s Official Website.
- Step 3: Click on Sign In.
- Step 4: Enter your login details and click on Login.
- Step 5: On your account’s homepage, tap on My Plan.
- Step 6: Select the HP Instant Ink Plan.
- Step 7: Expand the menu at the bottom center of your screen.
- Step 8: Tap on Cancel Enrollment.
- Step 9: Go to your email that is linked to your HP account.
- Step 10: Search for the most recent email from HP.
- Step 11: Click on the attached link to confirm your instant ink subscription cancellation. Method 2
Method 2: Using Your Windows Control Panel
You can use your Windows control panel at any time to bypass HP instant ink. Here’s how to do so:
- Step 1: Switch on your desktop.
- Step 2: Right-click on the Windows icon at the bottom left of your screen.
- Step 3: Select the Control Panel from the list of options.
- Step 4: Click on Devices And Printers.
- Step 5: Click on Account Settings.
- Step 6: Click on Cancel My Instant Ink Subscription on this screen.
- Step 7: Enter your HP Account Email and Password on the pop-up form.
- Step 8: Wait for a confirmation notification on your screen to confirm that you’ve successfully unsubscribed from the HP instant ink subscription.
Method 3: Using An Incompatible Cartridge
This method is done on your printer. Here’s how to do it:
- Step 1: Open your Printer.
- Step 2: Remove all the Cartridges from your printer.
- Step 3: Put an Incompatible Cartridge in your printer.
- Step 4: Turn off your Printer.
- Step 5: Disconnect your printer from the power source for at least 15 minutes.
- Step 6: Turn on your printers.
- Step 7: Put each cartridge into your computer and follow steps 4 to 6 whenever you put a cartridge into it.
Method 4: Default Reset
We recommend you use this method if the methods above don’t work after you must have tried them more than five times. If that’s the case, try this last option:
- Step 1: Turn on your printer.
- Step 2: Go to your printer utility tool.
- Step 3: Click on Menu.
- Step 4: Click on Tools at the top of your screen.
- Step 5: Click on Restore Printer to factory default settings on this screen.
- Step 6: Allow the process to complete before closing the tab.
- Step 8: Right-click on the Windows icon at the bottom left of your screen.
- Step 9: Select a control panel from the list of options.
- Step 10: Click on Devices And Printers.
- Step 11: Click on Account Settings.
- Step 12: Confirm on this screen if your HP Instant Ink subscription has disappeared.
FAQs On Bypassing HP Instant Ink
You can use the HP printer without an active instant printer subscription. The HP Instant Ink feature ensures you do not run out of ink while operating. It includes a cartridge discount when you purchase the instant ink subscription. So, if you can’t continue financing it, you can end the subscription and continue using your printer without it.
Yes, the HP Instant Ink feature allows you to transfer your instant ink subscription to another feature. This feature is known as the “replacement process.” To do this, go to your dashboard and activate the replacement printer on your instant ink subscription. Then enter your enrollment key or prepaid code to confirm your action.
From your PC, launch the printer driver – you’ll find it in the devices and printers option in the control panel on Windows, while on Mac, it’s in the print section in the page setup. On the printer driver option, click on the maintenance tab, then select speed and progress. Click on monitoring preferences, then click on the checkbox beside the enable low ink reminder option to uncheck it.
Yes, you can pause the HP instant ink subscription. To do this, open your account settings for the HP Instant Ink feature, then click on Cancel My HP Instant Ink Subscription. Select I’m canceling temporarily, then follow the prompts carefully to pause your instant ink subscription.
You can use both of these devices simultaneously. If you want to use them, you can first install the Full Feature Software, full driver printer software, or the HP Smart Application. Whichever way you’ve chosen, there’s no wrong or suitable format.
Whether you’re not getting returns on purchasing an HP Instant Ink subscription or you’re not interested in the feature anymore, you can opt-out of it anytime. In this guide, we’ve shown you how to bypass HP instant ink, and we’re confident you can do it. If you have questions, drop them in the comment section, and we’ll answer them in our next article.
Read another article on How do I cancel my HP Instant Ink account?