The Consumer Cellular voicemail password lets you control and restrict third-party access from your voicemail account. However, you will lose the authority if someone else has access to the password, and it is only ideal for you to change it to ensure safety. Thankfully, this guide will teach you just how to do it. In this article, we’ll show you How To Change Consumer Cellular Voicemail Password.
Methods to Change Your Consumer Cellular Voicemail Password
There are a few options for changing your Consumer Cellular voicemail password. You can try dialing your voicemail number, using the Settings app, or contacting the customer support center. Keep reading to learn about each option in detail.
Dial Your Voicemail To Change Your Consumer Cellular Voicemail Password
You can change your Consumer Cellular Voicemail password with your phone as follows:
- Open the Phone app on your device.
- Dial your voicemail number by holding down the number 1 key.
- Enter your password if prompted by the auto-bot.
- Listen to new messages if you have any, or skip them to proceed.
- Go to the main Menu by pressing the star key (*).
- Next, press the ‘4’ key to access personal options.
- Then, press the ‘2’ key to access the Administrative options.
- Press the ‘1’ key for the password option, and follow the prompts to change your password.
Change Your Consumer Cellular Voicemail Password on iPhone 5 With The Settings App
You may be unable to change your voicemail password on your iPhone 5 by calling the voicemail. Therefore, you should consider using the iPhone Settings option as follows:
- Open the Settings app from your device app menu.
- Navigate to the Consumer Cellular section on the Settings page.
- Select the Change PIN option.
- Enter a new password in the provided fields. You need to enter it twice to confirm the password.
Alternatively, you can change your voicemail password on your iPhone from the Phone Settings as follows:
- Tap the Settings app from your device’s app menu.
- Navigate to the bottom of the settings page and select the Phone option.
- Click on the Change Voicemail password link on the Phone Settings page.
- Enter a new voicemail password in the field on the following page.
- Tap Done at the top right corner to save the password.
- Next, Enter the password again for confirmation, and tap the Done button to complete
That should change your Consumer Cellular voicemail password successfully. However, you should ensure that you have the latest version of Apple software on your device before attempting to change your password.
Contact the Customer Support To Change Your Consumer Cellular Password
You can also change your Consumer Cellular voicemail password by contacting the Company’s customer support for help. To do this, you need to call the customer service number at 800-686-4460 and complete the process with the automated system.
The system will guide you on the steps to change your voicemail password, and you should complete it in no time.
Speak With A Consumer Consumer Cellular Agent
If contacting customer support is not what you need, you may consider speaking with a Consumer Cellular agent who will guide you on how to change your voicemail password.
You can contact an agent live by calling their customer service team in the United States at (888) 345-5509 or dialing 611 on your Consumer Cellular phone. Also, you can tell the agent what you want to do or schedule an appointment if necessary.
What Is the Best Option For Changing Your Consumer Cellular Voicemail Password?
All the options above are sufficient for changing your Consumer Cellular voicemail password. However, speaking to an agent seems to be the most reliable as you will be able to tell them your difficulties in using every other option.
The option can also help you solve other issues, relating to the voicemail password or not, faster since you will have a live chat with a customer support representative.
How To Reset Your Consumer Cellular Voicemail Password?
You may want to reset your Consumer Cellular voicemail password, especially if you have forgotten the old password and cannot change it. Consumer Cellular lets you reset your voicemail password to your preferred password combination or the last four digits of your Cellular phone number.
There are two options for resetting your voicemail password, as you will find out below:
Use the Automated System
You can reset your Consumer Cellular voicemail password with the automated system as follows:
- Dial 888-373-1777 to call the automated system.
- Use the self-service prompts and select Other options.
- Next, select I forgot my voicemail password, and follow the prompts to complete the process.
Note that a Consumer Cellular agent can help you over the phone if you face any difficulty.
Alternatively, you can dial #793# from a phone attached to the voicemail account. Then, follow the on-screen prompts to reset your voicemail password to the last four digits of your phone number. However, change the voicemail password after this to make it more secure.
Use the Customer Support
Another easy way to reset your voicemail password is to contact Consumer Cellular customer support so that a representative can guide you through the process.
You can call or chat with them live and pick the desired password after you have resolved it together.
Can You Remove Voicemail Password On Consumer Cellular?
You can remove it from your account if you do not prefer to use it, though it is not advisable as your voicemail account is no longer secure when you do.
What Happens If You Do Not Use The Consumer Cellular Voicemail Password?
Since the Consumer Cellular password ensures security and gives you authority over your voicemail account, you will lose the same if you do not use this feature on your account.
As a result, anybody with access to your phone can access your voicemail messages and maybe make changes to your voicemail account.
Other effects of not using voicemail passwords on Consumer Cellular are that you will be unable to access your voicemail from a different device and cannot change your voicemail settings.
Therefore, your voicemail account is prone to attack when you do not use a voicemail password.
The Consumer Cellular voicemail password gives you authority over your voicemail account, and you should change it if and when a third party gains access to it. It will help you retain control over your account and keep private things private. Thankfully, you can follow the steps in this guide to change it successfully.
Read another article on How To Set Up Voicemail on iPhone 7 Plus AT&T?