Whether you’re traveling out of the state or country, updating your Instagram region is a great way to connect with the people’s culture before hitting out to connect with people physically. Let us explain How To Change Region On Instagram?
Changing your Instagram region gives you unlimited access to an Instagram geo-specific service for that place. Whatever the reason you want to change your Instagram region, we’ll help you do that.
What are the Methods To Change Region On Instagram?
Instagram does provide region-restricted services – you can only use these services if you set your Instagram location to that region.
To change your location, use any of the methods mentioned below in this article.
Method 1: Changing Your Custom Instagram Location
This method can change an existing or new Instagram post location. Instagram custom locations work like hashtags – they let you tag places like restaurants, parks, or hotels. When someone searches for this location, your Instagram posts tagged with that location will show up.
Changing your custom location will give you more exposure if you provide services. To change your custom location, turn on your GPS and follow the steps below.
Editing For An Existing Post
- Step 1: Log in to your Instagram Account using the Facebook option or your Instagram login details.
- Step 2: Tap on Your Profile and scroll to the post you want to change its custom location.
- Step 3: Tap on the Three Dots at the top right corner of the post.
- Step 4: Tap Edit.
- Step 5: Tap on the location name to change the post’s location: on the iPhone, tap Location; on the Android, tap
Find A Location.
- Step 6: Choose your preferred custom location.
- Step 7: On an iPhone, tap Done; on an Android, tap Save.
For New Post
- Step 1: Log in to your Instagram Account and select a video or picture you want to upload.
- Step 2: Add edits if necessary.
- Step 3: Tap Next and tap on Add Location.
- Step 4: Tap on the Share Button to save your preferred location.
Method 2: Manually Change Your Ip Using The Vpn Mobile App
You can use a third-party app that opens Instagram and loads a different precise location. We recommend downloading one from the Play Store or App Store.
Changing your region using a VPN app is a great way to optimize your Instagram experience and reach more people.
For instance, if you set your VPN app location to Japan, you’ll enjoy all restricted Instagram features on your feed, such as Instagram music for Japan.
Some VPN apps restrict Instagram if you set the location to regions where Instagram is not supported. If you encounter this, change the VPN to an area that allows Instagram.
To continue using the restricted features, ensure your VPN app is connected whenever you log in to your Instagram account.
Method 3: Using Dr. Fone Virtual Location
When you change your Instagram region manually, you can only use it for Instagram posts. With Dr. Fone Virtual Location, you can change the location of your Instagram account and posts. Below are the steps to changing your region on Instagram using Dr. Fone Virtual Location.
- Step 1: Install Dr. Fone Virtual Location on your computer.
- Step 2: Connect your device to your PC using a USB cable and click on Virtual Location on the app.
- Step 3: Click on Get Started.
- Step 4: Wait for the app to detect the precise location of your device.
- Step 5: Once your precise location comes up, click on Teleport Mode.
- Step 6: Click on your Preferred Location and tap Move Here.
- Step 7: The location of your device will change, and so will your Instagram.
Best Location To Opt For When Changing Your Instagram Region
- London: This location has a high post readership.
- Italy: This location drives high-profile views.
- New York: This location generates a higher number of video views.
- California: This location increases the number of reactions and comments on your post.
- France: This country drives a lot of traffic to your Instagram posts.
FAQs on Instagram Location
Instagram stories rely heavily on your current location to automatically populate a region. If you run into this, check your location service settings and ensure Instagram has access to it. Another way to rectify this is by searching for and using location hashtags in your story.
When someone checks your precise location, iPhone and Android devices do not display notification popups on your screen. The only notification sent to your phone is that of a system process that triggered your phone’s location check. If you’re using an iPhone, turn off precise location in location settings to prevent unsolicited tracking by your Instagram followers.
One of the ways to reach a particular country’s audience on Instagram is by using the country’s hashtags on your post. Another method is using words used in that country. If you’re running a business account, you can pay for an Ad and select the country of your choice to reach them – including those not following you.
To block countries on Instagram, go to Advanced Settings, tap Choose Location and select your preferred countries for regular posts on your timeline. For Instagram stories, go to Advanced Settings, tap Story Controls, and choose your desired country.
You’ll experience this if you’re using an older version of Instagram. If you are, go to the Play Store or App Store to update the app to the latest version. You’ll also experience this difficulty if you’re not in the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, France, Canada, and Germany.
Changing your region on Instagram unlocks your account’s potential locked by your precise or former location. We’re confident that you can easily change yours after reading this how to change region on Instagram guide. After trying it out, share your experience with others using the comment section.