Customizing your iPhone can be quite fun. It makes your iPhone look more unique and different from other users. The iOS software has specific features that help to customize your iPhone’s entire look and display. Changing app names on your iPhone mostly adds keywords and shortcuts to specific apps for easier access. So, how to change the app name on iPhone?
In this guide, I’ll show you to change app names with the inbuilt Settings app and the Shortcuts app. So let’s start.
Steps To Change the App Name on iPhone.
In this section, I’ll show you the two methods used to change app names on your iPhone.
Use of Settings App
The first method that you can use to change your app name is through the Settings app. This method is very straightforward and easy to do in a few steps.
1 Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap on Accessibility.
3. Scroll down and tap on Per App Settings.
4. Tap on Add App to select and customize the app with the name you want to change.
5. Select an app from the list of available apps. Here, I selected Calculator.
6. Tap on the name and edit the app’s name from the available features below.
You can edit the text size, add labels, motions, video previews, contrast, and eterra.
7. After you complete editing, tap on the arrow at the top left corner of your screen to save changes.
Use of Shortcuts App To Change the App Name on iPhone.
This method is also easy to do in a few steps. The Shortcuts app is an app that creates shortcuts for useful apps that are absent on your home screen. If you don’t have this app installed, you can download it from the Apple App Store.
Optionally, update your IOS software to its latest version to avoid lags or bugs for a smoother experience.
1. Once you’ve downloaded the Shortcuts app, go to your home screen and tap on its icon to open it.
2. Tap on the plus icon (+) placed at the top right corner of the screen.
3. A new page is opened. Here, you can add actions and new shortcuts.
4. In the search box at the top of the screen, search for and select Open App.
5. A new shortcut page is created. Select Choose.
6. Here, you can scroll through the apps and select an app you want to customize or use the search bar above to search for the specific app. For example, Music is selected.
7. At the top-right corner of the screen, tap on the two toggle switches placed on each other. In newer iOS software, it could be a three-dot menu.
8. The settings page is opened. In the ‘Name’ section, you can change the names of your app and enter a new name.
9. Here, it is named My Favourite Jams. After entering a new name, tap on Done.
10. Next, tap on Icon.
11. The icon settings page is opened. Here, you can change the icon color and icon type.
From This Steps, You Can Change the Color Of The Name Changed APP . This section has three subsections.
- Glyph and
- Home Screen.
12. Under the Colour section, you can select a new color for the icon.
13. Under the Glyph section, you can select a new symbol for your icon. There are three types of Glyphs here.
You can explore these glyphs for a perfect match for your shortcut.
14. The Home Screen section isn’t required, but you can select a custom image for the shortcut here.
15. Tap Done once you’ve finished editing.
16. On the Settings page, select Add to Home Screen.
17. Tap on the Add to Home Screen icon here.
18. You’ll be redirected to a preview page. Tap Add on the corner of the screen.
19. The changed app name and icon would be displayed on the home screen.
Of course, you can. I have highlighted the two major apps to do this and you can use any of the two. They work great for changing app names. If you prefer the Shortcuts app, tap on ‘New Shortcut’ and change the app’s name as you would like it to appear on the home screen. You can choose to use the original name or change it entirely!
No, you can’t. When an app is installed on your Android device, it automatically appears on your home screen with a default name given by the app developer. So, the Android system can not change the name of your apps.
With the use of the Shortcuts app, not only can you change the app name but also the app icon colors!
Under the color section, you can change the app colors.
Then, under the glyph section, you can select the desired shape of your icon from a wide range of symbols.
Tap on Done to save your shortcut settings.
Yes, you can. By following these simple steps.
1. Enter “Open app” in the search bar at the top of the home screen.
2. Tap on the Icon to select which icon to replace. Here, the editing process is very simple.
Explore the glyphs and colors to find the perfect match for your app icon
3. Next, tap on Add to Home Screen. You’ll be given a quick preview to see what the shortcut name and icon color would look like on your iPhone’s homepage.
If you want to change the font size and style after changing the app name, follow the steps below.
1. Open the Settings app by tapping on its icon.
2. Scroll down and tap on General.
3. Next, tap on Font Size and Style. Select your preferred font style and font to set it as the default font of your iPhone or install more fonts from Apple App Store