Are you tired of giving your phone number to every website and app you sign up for? Gmail has a feature that allows you to keep your phone number private. In this blog post, I will show you how to change your phone number in Gmail. Keep reading to find out how!
Steps To Change Your Phone Number In Gmail
If you need to change your phone number in Gmail, don’t worry, it’s not as difficult as it sounds. Here’s what you need to do:
- Step 1: First, open the Gmail app on your Android device and tap the menu icon in the top left corner of the screen (it looks like three vertical bars).
- Step 2: Next, scroll down and tap “Settings.”
- Step 3: Under “Settings,” tap ” Manage your google account”
- Step 4: Then, tap the personal Info.
- Step 5: Under “Personal info,” tap “Phone numbers.” Here, you can add, remove, or edit your phone numbers. When you’re finished, just tap “Next.”
And that’s all there is to it! Just follow these simple steps, and you’ll have your new phone number set up in no time.
No, you don’t need a phone number associated with your Gmail account. However, if you ever lose access to your account, having a phone number attached to it can help you recover it.
Yes, you can have multiple phone numbers associated with your Gmail account. Just follow the steps in this blog post to add additional numbers.
That’s perfectly fine! Gmail allows you to use a fake phone number. Just create a new Google Voice number and use that instead.
No, you don’t need a Google Voice account. However, it’s worth noting you can use your real phone number and still keep your privacy.
That’s perfectly fine as well! You can simply leave the “Phone number” field blank. However, keep in mind that if you ever lose access to your account, you may have a harder time recovering it without a phone number attached.
Yes, instead of your phone number, you can create a new Google Voice number and use that instead.
Also, learn How do I mass delete emails from the Gmail app?