Chatting with your girlfriend on WhatsApp is one of the easiest ways to enhance communication and build a lasting relationship with her. It is cheap, fast, safe, and easily accessible with a Smartphone or PC.
This post discusses how to chat with your girlfriend on WhatsApp to spice up your relationship.
How To Chat With my Girlfriend on WhatsApp From a Mobile Device?
Mobile WhatsApp chat is more convenient for mobility because it is easier to move around with a Smartphone in your hand than with a computer. The process is easy, as you will see below:
Step 1: Add Her Registered WhatsApp Number to Your Contact List
WhatsApp, unlike Facebook, is a contact-based messaging application. It lets you chat with people whose contact you save in your contact list; you do not need to send friend requests before chatting up a new friend. But, they must have registered the contact on WhatsApp as well.
You can only chat with people without adding them to your contact list on one of the following three conditions:
- They have you on their contact list and have sent you a message first.
- You belong to the same WhatsApp group, and you can see their contact from the group info.
- You are using WhatsApp’s click-to-chat feature via an internet browser.
However, the options above are not the best since we’re talking about your girlfriend here, and it will even be a turn-off for her to find out her contact isn’t on your list. Therefore, do well to add the number she registered on WhatsApp to your contact list, then proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Install the WhatsApp Application
You may skip this step if you already have the WhatsApp application installed on your Smartphone, but if you don’t, it is time to do so. Visit the WhatsApp download page here or go to your device app store.
There are several mods of WhatsApp, but the official WhatsApp messenger will serve you well in chatting with your girlfriend. However, you can opt for a mod that suits you if you want specific features you may not find in the original WhatsApp messenger. Next, wait for the app to install after the download is complete.
Step 3: Open the WhatsApp Application
Scroll through the programs and apps in your Smartphone’s start menu to find the WhatsApp icon. Note that the WhatsApp app in this illustration is a special mod of WhatsApp called WhatsApp Business, so the icon may be a little different from what you will see on your phone. Click on this icon to launch WhatsApp.
You will need to do some pre-registration and agree to some terms and conditions if you just installed WhatsApp, but it won’t be necessary if you have been using WhatsApp before.
Step 4: Tap the New Chat Icon
Tap the chat tile at the top-left of the main screen beside the camera icon if you use Android, then select the new chat icon at the bottom-right of the screen.
For iOS devices, select the chats icon on the menu at the bottom of the screen, then click the new chat icon at the top-right side.
Step 5: Select Your Girlfriend’s Contact
The new chat icon will take you to the list of contacts that are using WhatsApp in your contact list. Scroll through the list to find your girlfriend’s contact, depending on the name you saved it with, or you can search for her name using the search button at the top of the screen.
Click on her name when you find it, and the app will take you to a conversation screen.
Step 6: Send Her A Message
Tap the message bar to display the on-screen keyboard; then, you can type the messages you want to send in the message bar before hitting the send button.
You can use the second messaging option by recording a voice message instead of sending texts. Tap and hold the microphone icon to start recording and release it to send after the recording.
You can also lock the recording in three steps if you will be talking for a long time.
- Tap and hold the mic icon.
- Hold the icon still and swipe up towards the ‘key’ icon.
- Record your message and tap the send icon to send.
You can pause or delete the recording by tapping the pause or recycle bin icon.
Step 7: Call Her
You can call your girlfriend on WhatsApp from the conversation screen instead of sending her a message as follows:
If you use an Android device:
- Click on the phone icon at the top of the screen.
- Select the call type -voice or video from the prompt.
- Click on the video icon at the top of the screen to start a video call.
- Or click on the phone icon next to it for a voice call.
However, you must ensure your girlfriend is online or connected to the internet at the time. Otherwise, she will miss the call but will see a missed call notification the next time she is online.
How To Chat With my Girlfriend on WhatsApp From a Computer?
There are two options for chatting with your girlfriend on WhatsApp from a computer. You can use the WhatsApp web option or download the desktop application.
Setting up both interfaces is the same save for the first step. First, visit the WhatsApp web page to chat from a web browser or the WhatsApp desktop app download page. Click on the “Get it on Microsoft button, and follow the prompts to download the app.
When the WhatsApp page displays on the computer, you need to link it with your mobile WhatsApp with a QR code, which implies that you need to set up WhatsApp on your Smartphone before you can use it on your computer.
Let’s see how you can link your mobile WhatsApp to the computer on Android before considering iOS devices.
For Android devices:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Click the chat tab at the top of the screen.
- Tap the three vertical dots at the top of the screen.
- Select WhatsApp web or linked devices from the drop-down options.
- Click on Link a device.
- Scan the QR code on your computer with your phone’s camera.
For iOS devices:
- Open the WhatsApp mobile app.
- Tab settings at the bottom of the main screen.
- Tap WhatsApp web/Desktop.
- Scan the QR code on the computer.
Your computer will load your WhatsApp chats as soon as your phone scans the QR code, and the screen will be identical to the mobile interface; the only difference is that you have the conversation page on the right pane of the page.
You should note that you can only make calls from the WhatsApp desktop app but not on the web.
You can now continue to chat with your girlfriend as follows:
- Search for your girlfriend’s name (the name in your mobile contact list) using the search button and click on it.
- Type your message in the message bar, and send it by clicking the send button or pressing Enter on your keyboard.
- Click the mic button at the bottom right of the right pane to record a voice message, and click the send button.
- On the desktop app, click on the phone or video icon at the top of the page to make an audio or video call.
Keep Chatting with WhatsApp
Chatting with your girlfriend on WhatsApp is a cheap and reliable way to build and maintain your relationship. Follow the steps in this post to get started with How to Chat With my Girlfriend on WhatsApp? Check out our other article on How to Edit WhatsApp Messages?