WhatsApp is an efficient social media platform where you can interact with friends. Besides, you can access WhatsApp using the mobile app or log in to the web version of WhatsApp by linking it to your mobile app. To access the web version, you must connect it from WhatsApp under the linked devices. What happens when you forget to log out of your WhatsApp session? This guide covers how to check your WhatsApp web login history. Stick around.
A Step-By-Step Guide to Check Your WhatsApp Web History
Regarding your privacy, WhatsApp is one of the platforms where if you are not careful, you may give someone access to your WhatsApp data. When using WhatsApp, you can link various devices, but there is a way of checking your login session using your mobile phone.
To view your WhatsApp web history, follow the steps below:
- Open your WhatsApp on your mobile phone
- Once opened, click the three dots at the top of your chats page
3. A menu with various options will open. Click the Linked Devices option
4. A new tab containing a history of all your Login sessions on the WhatsApp web will open. Besides, you can view the details of the devices linked to your WhatsApp
Now that you’ve seen your WhatsApp web login history, how can you log out of the sessions to ensure someone can’t access your WhatsApp data?
Here’s the deal; you can either log out of your WhatsApp web sessions using the mobile app or the browser.
To use your mobile app, follow the steps below:
- Open the WhatsApp app on your phone
- On the chat screen, locate and click the three dots at the top
3. From the menu that appears, click the Linked Devices option
4. On the next tab, you will see your WhatsApp web login history and the devices logged into your WhatsApp
5. Click on the browser you wish to log out from.
6. Lastly, click the Log Out button at the bottom
To logout from your computer, use the steps below:
- Open a browser on your computer and the WhatsApp web to access your WhatsApp chats.
2. Once you access your chats, click the three dots at the top
3. A menu will appear
4. Click the Log Out button
Once you log out, you must again log in to access your account, meaning someone else can’t access your WhatsApp data.
Frequently Asked Questions on WhatsApp
To use the WhatsApp web, start by opening a browser on your computer and searching for web.whatsappweb.com. Click on it to open. Next, open your WhatsApp on your phone. Click the three dots at the top, and under the Linked Devices, click the Link a Device option and scan the QR code on the WhatsApp web.
Yes, someone can access your WhatsApp via computer. However, that is only possible if you have logged in to your WhatsApp using the web on your computer. If you use the WhatsApp web, you must log out to ensure someone can access your active sessions. Otherwise, your WhatsApp session is still active on your computer.
To log out of a session, if you are already logged in on the computer, click the three dots at the top and click the logout button from the menu. If you are using WhatsApp on your phone, click the three dots at the top to access the linked devices. Click on the device you want to log out of and tap the logout button at the bottom.
If you forgot to log out of your WhatsApp web sessions, someone can open the machine you were using and access your WhatsApp. If that happens, you will get a notification on your phone saying, “WhatsApp web is currently active.” If you get such a notification, it means someone is accessing your WhatsApp. If so, log out using the steps presented above.
Yes, you will get the online status if you are active on the WhatsApp web. However, if the tab detects inactivity after a few minutes, it will give the impression that you are offline. If you place the cursor on the tab, it will regain your online status.
Close WhatsApp Sessions
WhatsApp is an excellent social platform, and you can use it either on the mobile app or access the WhatsApp web. This guide covered how to verify your WhatsApp web login history to check if you have active sessions. Besides, we saw how to close your active sessions. Hopefully, you enjoyed the topic.
Read another article on How to Add Filter in WhatsApp Video Call?