The natural oils from your skin, sweat, and oils from your hair all combine to leave your Ugg comforter looking dingy and unappealing after only a few weeks of use. Cleaning your Ugg comforter will help keep it for a longer time. While you can launder the exterior in the washing machine on a gentle cycle, that doesn’t help with getting rid of the smell or the stains. Keep reading to learn the proper cleaning techniques to ensure your cozy friend stays with you for an extended life span.
Things You’ll Need To Clean Ugg Comforter
Here’s a list of the essential cleaning tools and supplies you’ll need to clean your comforter;
- A clean, washable surface. You’ll need a large, sturdy surface to support your comforter and large enough for the comforter to lie flat.
- A bucket or large basin is large enough to fit your comforter.
- Clean textiles. Look for something mild and free of enzymes, bleach, or other harsh chemicals.
- A pair of clean, lint-free gloves to keep your hands clean while you clean your comforter.
- A clean pair of scissors for snipping loose threads and cutting off the tags on your comforter.
- A hand-held steamer or a large, clean steam iron removes wrinkles from your comforter.
- A large clothes drying rack.
How to Wash Your Ugg Comforter Using Baking Soda and Fabric Softener?
If your Ugg has a musty or mildew smell, you can use baking soda with a little fabric softener to help eliminate it.
- Make a baking soda paste with just a pinch of fabric softener and a small amount of water.
- Work the fabric softener until all the baking soda is dissolved and you have a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to the comforter, and leave it on for at least two hours. You can leave it overnight if it is convenient for you.
- Vacuum off the baking soda to remove it from the comforter.
How to Wash Your Ugg Comforter with Bleach?
You can use a bleach solution to treat the problem if you have a blood stain or a stain from an oil or grease.
- Create a solution. Mix proportionate amounts of bleach and water. Add ¼ cup of standard bleach to 2 gallons of water. Do not add too much bleach to the water, or it could damage the comforter.
- Dip the comforter into the solution. Choose light-colored Ugg as the bleach can sometimes stain fabrics.
- Press the comforter to drain as much water as possible.
- Wash the comforter using mild laundry detergent
- Once the comforter is done washing, avoid putting it in the dryer. Instead, air it out as much as possible.
How to Use Dry Shampoo to Clean Ugg Comforter?
If you have a minor stain on your Ugg, you can try cleaning it with dry shampoo.
- Spray a generous amount of dry shampoo on the stain. Make sure to cover the entire stain so that it does not just collect around the edges of the fabric.
- Let the dry shampoo sit on the stain for 30 minutes.
- Vacuum up the dry shampoo to remove the stain and clean the Ugg.
How to Spot Clean Your Ugg Comforter?
If you want to clean one particular area of your comforter, rather than clean it all at once by washing it, you’ll want to use a spot cleaner to clean that area. You can use a mild liquid detergent or all-natural cleaner to clean a particular area of your comforter. Avoid detergents that contain enzymes or bleach, as they could damage your comforter.
- Find the dirtiest spot on your comforter and work your way outward. It will help you avoid getting the rest of the comforter wet while cleaning a small area.
- You can use the hand-held sprayer on your sink faucet to wet the dirty spot. Squeeze a small amount of cleaner into the sprayer and then spray the area with the cleaner.
- Wait for the cleaner to sit on the stain for about 20 minutes, then using a damp, clean, white cloth, pat the fabric till the stain is gone. You can rub the fabric together if the stain is harsh, then rinse with clean water.
- Squeeze out the excess water with a clean cloth and allow it to dry.
How to Store Ugg Comforter after Cleaning?
After you’ve cleaned your comforter, you’ll need to store it properly. Make sure it’s unrolled and isn’t squished into a ball. This will help maintain the loft in the fabric and keep it fluffy. You can fold it in thirds and store it in a large, clean closet. You can also store it in a large drawer. Make sure the storage is not extremely hot or cold. If you want to keep your comforter outside, you can do so as long as it’s clean and dry. Remember to bring it inside before the temperature drops to protect it from getting ruined by frost or freezing temperatures.
- Ensure the cleaning surface is free of dirt and stains. This will help prevent any stains or dirt from the ground from transferring to your comforter.
- If you are washing a down comforter, you must be careful about how long you let it sit in water. Down is a delicate material that should never be left in water indefinitely.
- Be aware of the fabric of your Ugg comforter. Some fabrics are more sensitive than others and need to be cleaned slightly differently.
While you can wash an Ugg comforter whenever you want, it’s generally best to wash it in the spring when the weather starts getting warmer and you’re ready to clean out your wardrobe and home.
It would be best to wash an Ugg comforter about once a year or when it gets dusty or dirty. You can also wash it more frequently if someone in your home has an allergy and starts coughing when they are near the comforter.
Washing an Ugg comforter is a bit trickier than washing a standard blanket. You can use the same washing techniques for most blankets, but you have to be careful not to snarl the fabric or get it caught in the machine.
Yes, you can purchase stain remover sprays designed specifically for cleaning down synthetic fabrics.
Be careful not to use too much of it. Too much bleach can damage the fabric of the comforter.