Making collages and combining several pictures into one is a fun way to preserve memories. You get to see so many things in one photo. And the great thing is that photo editing tasks like this is easy on the iPhone. There are multiple ways you can try to combine a few pictures into one on your iPhone.
The following article provides steps on How To Combine Multiple Pictures Into One On iPhone.
Create a Merge shortcut on the iPhone Shortcuts App
- Launch the Shortcuts app on your device.
- Tap on the “+” button on the upper right part of the screen.
- On the field that says “Shortcut Name,” type “Merge Images.” You can use any other name, making the shortcut easier to remember.
- Tap on the blue Settings icon to the right of the shortcut name you typed. Switch on the “Show in Share Sheet” by tapping on the circle button. Tap the “Done” button to save that setting.
- Click on the “Add Action” option to add the shortcut. In the field marked “Search for apps and actions, search for “Photo.” Tap on “Select Photos” from the list.
- Click on the blue arrow beside the “Select Photos” option.
- Switch on the “Select Multiple” feature by tapping on the circle button.
- On the search box at the bottom, enter “Image.”
- Scroll down and look for the “Combine Images” from the list. Tap on that.
- Tap on the blue arrow beside “Combine.” Choose how you want the images to be merged by tapping on the word “Horizontally.” This is the default setting. You can opt for horizontally, vertically, or in a grid. Go to the search bar at the bottom and type “Photo” one more time. Tap on “Save to Photo Album.” This will instruct your device to save any photo that you merged to save to the “Recents” album. Once done, tap on the X button at the top right part of the screen.
Merge the photos you want to combine
- Launch the “Photos” app.
- Tap on the “Select” button at the screen’s upper right.
- Select the photos that you wish to merge by tapping on them.
- Tap on the “Share” icon at the bottom left part of the screen. It’s a box with an arrow pointing up.
- Scroll down and select the “Merge Images” shortcut you created.
- Once the merging process is done, a notification with a checkmark will appear. You can exit the share sheet by clicking on the X button at the top right part of the screen.
- You will find the merged photo in your gallery.
FAQs On Combining Multiple Pictures Into One On iPhone
You can do this on any collage maker app or even on an online photo collage maker. Just choose the layout, and fill in the available cells by uploading the photos you want. Adjust the settings, then download as prompted by the app or website.
Photo collaging is when you put several images into one photo. You can also select just some elements from multiple images and combine them into one new image. This process is called photo compositing.
You will need to download a photo app to do so. Some popular ones that have collage mode are Google Photo and Canva.
The Picture Collage Maker Lite is a photo collage creator that you can download for free for any Apple device. It makes photo collages, greeting cards, calendars, posters, and scrapbooks.
Yes, you can make a video montage using iMovie. Just create a movie project, then add the video clips that you wish to include in the montage. You can record video clips from within iMovie or use the existing clips in your library.
Read another article on How To Auto Close Apps On iPhone?