Playing your favorite PS4 game on a large screen and using your AirPods to hear the game sound without background noise disrupting you is a great combo. Read ahead to get the answers to your ‘How To Connect AirPods To A PS4 Without A Dongle?’ question.
Many gamers like you have sought this kind of experience but can’t figure out how to experience this fun without a dongle. In this article, we’ll guide you on how to connect AirPods to PS4 without a dongle.
Steps To Connect AirPods To PS4 Without A Dongle
Sadly, you can’t connect your AirPod to the PS4 without a dongle. The PS4 doesn’t have built-in Bluetooth capabilities to connect AirPods to it. Nevertheless, you can keep using the method of connecting AirPods to the PS4 using a dongle. If you don’t know how to do so, we’ll show you how in a few steps.
- Step 1: Get The Appropriate Bluetooth Dongle. Purchasing a Bluetooth dongle could be a hassle if you don’t know the specifications for the best dongle to use on PS4. To help you out, we’ll recommend looking for Bluetooth dongles with a 3.5mm jack so that you can take advantage of the microphone.
- Step 2: Connect The Dongle To Your PS4. Connect the dongle to any of the front-facing USB ports. Ensure that your PS4 is On.
- Step 3: Pair The Bluetooth Dongle With Your AirPods. There are various Bluetooth dongles, and their pairing processes are different. To turn on pairing on a dongle, find the pair button and tap or hold it till its light blinks. To turn on pairing on your AirPod, ensure your AirPods are in their carrying case, then press the button on the carrying case. When you pair a Bluetooth dongle with your AirPods, the light will go off on both devices. To get the best pairing result, turn on pairing on both devices simultaneously.
- Step 4: Plug The Audio Jack Into Your PS4 Controller. You’ll find a 3.5mm port on your PS4 controller. Plug your audio jack into the port and continue with the next step.
- Step 5: Open your PS4 Settings Menu.
- Step 6: Click on Devices.
- Step 7: Tap on Audio Devices, then tap Input Devices.
- Step 8: Select Headset Connected To Controller. This setting will allow access to audio input through the audio jack connected to your controller.
- Step 9: Return to the Audio Devices settings page on your PS4 Settings.
- Step 10: Select USB Headphones. On a successful connection, your PS4 homepage music will play via your AirPod immediately to confirm that.
Remember that even though your AirPod is connected to your PS4, you cannot use the AirPods’ fantastic microphone. Also, ensure to charge your AirPod fully , so you don’t get disconnected because of a low battery.
FAQs On Connecting Airpods
There are a few things that can cause this. One of the cases is that your AirPod is low on juice. To resolve this, put your AirPods into their carrying case to charge. Another one is that your AirPod and dongle may have paired with another device. To fix this, turn off nearby Bluetooth devices and pair your dongle with your AirPods again.
Yes, any Bluetooth dongle can get the job done. Even a generic Bluetooth dongle can connect your AirPods to your PS4. If you want audio input, look out for dongles with an audio jack that’ll fit into the audio port of your PS4 controller.
The PS4 doesn’t support direct Bluetooth pairing with AirPods. Suppose you’re using the other way round by pairing your AirPods with your dongle. In that case, you’ll access the microphone through the PS4 controller and not your AirPods by plugging the audio jack of the dongle into your controller.
The Apple Airpod Max is not compatible with PlayStations or Xbox consoles. Though it can be connected and used on Bluetooth-enabled PCs, its latency is unsuitable for gaming. You’ll have to get third-party accessories to use the Apple Airpod Max on PlayStation and Xbox.
No, the PS4 does not connect to a Bluetooth speaker by default. If you want to connect your PS4 to Bluetooth speakers, you’ll have to try it the other way around. Plug a Bluetooth dongle into the USB port of your PS4 and pair it with your Bluetooth speaker.
By reading this article, we appreciate you finding out how to connect AirPods to PS4 without a dongle. Go ahead and share this article with someone that needs it. Before leaving our blog, don’t forget to share your experience through the comment box. Happy gaming!
Read another article on How do I link my Microsoft account to Minecraft PS4?