The Instagram stories are easy to create, but if you want to spice things up a bit, you’ll need to spend more time on them. Luckily, Instagram lets its users utilize several resources to make their stories unique. You may have a collection of aesthetic photos or sky time-lapse videos to share, but your story lacks an essential element, “music.” Regarding music, Instagram allows only 15-second music duration, so people may wonder, “how to continue music on multiple Instagram story?”
Let’s find out the answer to the question “How to Continue Music on Multiple Instagram Story? ” in this article.
Methods to Add Longer Music to Instagram Stories on Mobile Phone?
You can continue music on multiple Instagram stories using three easy methods:
- Using a standard Instagram story method
- Using InShot app
- Using Instagram reels
#Method 1 : Using a Standard Instagram Story Method to Continue Music on Multiple Instagram Story?
Instagram lets you add music of 15 seconds or less duration. But, your video might be of more than 15 seconds and consist of 3 or 4 clips. That’s how you can add longer music to your Instagram story:
- Navigate through your gallery to choose the preferred video you wish to put on your Instagram story.
- Navigate through your gallery to select your preferred video to put on your Instagram story.
- Now that you have chosen your video, you may see 3 or 4 clips of 15 seconds each. Tap on the first clip and select the volume button to turn your video sound off.
- Repeat the same process to mute the entire video.
- Now tap on the sticker icon to add music. Select “music” and search for your favorite song.
- Once you select the song, you will see a music barline showing the song’s duration. On your first clip, you can add music as it is.
- Move on to your next clip and grab the same music. Now using the music barline, add music from where you left off in the previous clip.
- Go on with the same procedure to continue music on your entire video.
- Furthermore, you have a choice of adding lyrics to your story too. You can either add lyrics or hide the song sticker.
- Once you’re done, tap “next” and then “share” to upload your story.
#Method 2 : Using InShot App to Continue Music on Multiple Instagram Story?
- Install InShot App from your phone’s play store.
- Open the app and tap “video” to choose the video you want to share on your story.
- Now press the “music +” icon to choose your song. You can either use featured music or select a song from your own device by choosing “My Music”.
- Play the song along with your video to check if it sits perfectly with your video.
- If you are happy with your edited video, you can share it straight to your Instagram story from within the app.
#Method 3 : Using Instagram Reels to Continue Music on Multiple Instagram Story?
- Open your Instagram app and select “+” from the top right corner or at the center bottom of your phone.
- Now at the bottom, slide over and select “reels.” It will allow you to record a new reel or select one that was previously recorded.
- You can also alter the timings of your reel. It can be 15, 30, 60, and 90 seconds.
- Press the “audio” icon to add your song to your reel. You can also use the search box to find your preferred song.
- A slider will appear at the bottom of your screen when you select the song to choose a specific part. Once you have selected the song, click “Done.”
- Now you can share your reel with your audience. When you press “Done,” you will see the interface as in the picture below. Tap “share,” and your reel will be shared.
- Once it is shared, open your shared reel and press the “airplane” (share) icon to share your reel to your story.
FAQs on Instagram Music
Open your Instagram app and press the “story+” icon. Now record yourself a video or select a previously recorded video. Turn off the video’s sound, press the sticker button, and tap “music.” Select a song of your preference and gradually add music to each video clip using the slider.
Instagram has a default 15-second story limit. However, if you have a longer video of more than 15 seconds, Instagram will cut it into several 15-second clips, which will play continually.
Write down your first text caption or any other form of decoration you want to add. Press the “save” button at the bottom left corner. Choose the saved photo, add another caption under or over it and save it again. You can repeat the same process many times to achieve your desired effect.
If you keep seeing your Instagram music for only 5 seconds, then this might be because you have previously changed your music length settings to 5 seconds. You can modify this setting by going into your Instagram story. Upload your video on the story and add music. Now adjust the music length through the slider and put it on for 15 seconds.
You can try updating your Instagram app using Wi-Fi. You may also try reinstalling the app, sign in, sign out and sign in again. This will help you in getting back your Instagram music.
Continue Adding Music to Your Instagram Story
The music feature on Instagram story lets you personalize and spice up your content. Since Instagram lets you post only 15 seconds of music, you may think about “how to continue music on multiple Instagram story?”
This is when this guide comes in handy. Hopefully, this step-by-step guide will assist you in making your stories more aesthetic.