With time, Instagram also has evolved its messaging feature on the app. Before, not many people used Instagram for messaging, but now people also actively use Instagram also as a messaging app. Not only can you chat with different people, but you can also create group chats with multiple people.
So, you might have been wondering how you can actually create a group chat on Instagram.
In this article, we will go through how to create a group chat on Instagram, add/remove people on group chat, and different topics related to Instagram group chat.
Create a Group Chat on Instagram
Through group chat, you can talk with your friends, discuss different personal and professional matters, reach out to multiple people at once, and you can also create a study group through a group chat.
You might have been wondering how to create a group chat on Instagram and talk to your favorite people simultaneously. Group chats are a great way to connect with your friend circle or different groups of people.
So, let’s head over to how you can create a group chat on Instagram:
- Click the Inbox button in the top right.
- Click on the ‘+’ or create icon in the top right.
- Now, you will see a list of your Instagram friends. Select two or more people, or you can search for their username at the top and click Next.
- Click on the Chat button in the top right corner.
- You will be redirected to a Group chat. Type in a message or Click the gallery icon to select a photo or a video from your gallery.
- Click Send to create a group chat.
Add More People to the Existing Group Chat
Now that we have figured out how you can create a group chat on Instagram let us also go through how you can add more people to the existing group chat or even remove them.
- Go to your Instagram app and open the Group chat you want to add more people.
- Tap the name of the group chat on the top.
- Now, select the Add People option.
- There select the person you wish to add to the group chat.
- And to remove people from the group chat, go to chat settings, tap on the three dots beside the person’s username, and select remove.
To name an Instagram group, go to your inbox and open the group chat. Tap on the group name and the top, and you will be taken to the chat setting. Now, tap on the name and edit it to whatever group name you like.
You don’t have to worry about the number of people that can be added to an Instagram group, as Instagram lets you add up to 250 people in most groups.
You can see a group chat message on Instagram without others knowing. You can either read the message through the notification or any Notification history log app. Short messages can be really seen easily. For long messages, carefully drag down the notification to read the entire message.
Another option is to restrict the group. It lets you read their text and other messages without letting them know. It acts like the message requests you get on Instagram.
You cannot leave the group without any other people knowing. But what you can do is either mute messages or move them to general. But doing so, you won’t receive any notifications from the group.
If someone has blocked you, Instagram will hide all the messages between both of you, and you won’t be able to contact the person through Instagram. But when both of you happen to be participants in the same group chat, it won’t have much impact on your group chats. Every other member will be able to see messages from you both, but both of you won’t be able to see messages from each other.
You can now enjoy chatting and texting multiple people at once through a group chat. You can create a group chat among your coworkers, classmates, your friend circle, or different group of people. Everyone will be able to talk to each other and will be able to see messages from all the group members.
So, hopefully, with this article, you can now create a group chat on Instagram and add/remove people from the group chat. If you have any other queries, let us know in the comments below.