Fortnite is a popular video game with unique skills and abilities to move and hunt down opponents. It features several moves, like crouching for attacking and defending, and it may be challenging to track the controls for each move. But you will learn how to crouch on the Xbox console here. This article includes a detailed guide on How to Crouch on Fortnite on Xbox.
Crouching On Fortnite: What You Should Know
Fortnite is available for Xbox, PS4, and PC gamers, and you can crouch on all platforms. However, crouching was limited to the Battle Royale mode until the most recent upgrade in other versions.
Epic Games, the developer of Fortnite, has now added new movement options to the Fortnite Save the World mode. These movement options – Crouch, Shoulder bash, Sprint, Mantle, and Slide – were first introduced in Fortnite Battle Royale and Creative modes. But it is now available in the Save the World mode too.
Crouching in Fortnite is a tactical approach to attacking your opponents and catching the unaware. It will reduce the noise from your movement and increase your shot accuracy. In addition, it helps you to hide from your opponent’s attacks and gives you an edge in planning a counter-attack from your safety position.
However, crouching will reduce your sprinting pace, and you will walk slower than other characters that do not crouch.
How Do You Crouch In Fortnite On Xbox?
Crouching in Fortnite is simple while playing on an Xbox console. You only need to hold the crouch button, that is, the LB button, at the upper left side of your controller if you are playing in the Standard and Quick Builder configurations. However, the crouch button differs when you use the Combat Pro controller configuration. You will have to press the Right Analog Joystick or R3 button instead.
Also, the application of the crouch button is not the same when you change the gaming configurations. Hold the button in the Standard and Quick Builder configurations while tapping the Right Joystick will be sufficient in the Combat Pro configuration, but you can hold the joystick to perform a repair.
In addition, you need to hold the crouch button to stay crouched for as long as you want in the Standard and Quick Builder configurations and release it to uncrouch. On the other hand, tapping the Right Joystick will crouch in the Combat Pro configuration, and you will uncrouch by tapping the stick twice.
How To Check Fortnite Crouch Button On Xbox?
You can confirm the Fortnite crouch button and other Fortnite key binds on your Xbox console in the game settings as follows:
- Select the Menu icon in the game. You can press the Menu button on your gamepad instead if you are already in a match.
- Next, select the gear icon at the top of the screen to open the Settings menu.
- Press R1 to navigate to the gamepad icon at the top right of the screen to see Fortnite console settings and key binds.
- Locate the Crouch option at the bottom right of the page, and you will see the button you need to press on the gamepad inscribed beside it.
How To Crouch While Building In Fortnite On Xbox?
You can crouch while building on Fortnite by binding your crouch button from the game settings. Here are the steps to do this:
- Go to the game menu by selecting the Menu icon or pressing the Menu button on your controller.
- Go to Settings by selecting the gear icon.
- Next, Navigate to the controller or gamepad icon from the tab at the top side of the screen by pressing R1.
- Select the Build Controls option next to the Combat Controls option above the Controller icon at the middle of the page.
- Select the Rotate/Repair/Change Trap button at the bottom of the page to bind the button.
- A list of gaming actions will display on your screen, select the Crouch/Repair option and press Back to return to the game.
You can now crouch while building by holding the crouch button using the Standard and Quick Builder configurations or just tapping it using the Combat Pro configuration.
How Do You Slide In Fortnite On Xbox?
Sliding in Fortnite requires only an additional step to crouching. So, how do you slide in Fortnite on Xbox? You can slide in Fortnite on Xbox by walking while you crouch, but you must face a downward direction to do this.
In simple terms, press or hold the crouch button, depending on your configuration, then press the direction button to go down. Note that you cannot slide while climbing or facing an upward direction, just like it is impossible to slide while climbing a hill in reality.
How To Sprint And Crouch In Fortnite On Xbox?
Crouch running or sprinting is a tactic to reduce your character’s footstep noise while moving. It also allows more accurate shots, but the character will move more slowly.
You can sprint and crouch together in Fortnite with a tactical sprint in two steps.
- Press the sprint button to sprint in any direction of choice.
- Press the Crouch button while sprinting.
How To Toggle Crouch In Fortnite?
No toggle crouch on Fortnite yet. Instead, you will need to download a third-party application to enable the feature.
Can You Change The Crouch Button in Fortnite on Xbox?
Yes, you can change the crouch button in Fortnite on Xbox by changing the controller key binds in the game settings. You should select the custom configuration option and assign each function to your desired buttons. Below are the steps to do this:
- Select the Menu option at the top right of the screen or press the menu on your controller.
- Go to settings.
- Navigate to the controller icon at the top of the settings page using the R1 button.
- Scroll down the configuration tab at the left side of the page to select Custom configuration. This option lets you customize any button you want on the controller.
- Select any button and assign a function to it from the available options.
That will be all about how to crouch in Fortnite on Xbox. The steps are easy to apply; you can hold the LB or press the right joystick, depending on your preferred controller configurations.
You can also read a post on How To Activate 2FA In Fortnite On Xbox?