TikTok is a social platform where users create videos or engage in others’ posts. However, some users want their accounts deleted for certain reasons but find it difficult because they have lost access to the phone numbers attached to their accounts. If this is you, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to delete your TikTok account without a phone number.
You may also learn how to change your number on TikTok if you forget the old one you provided.
When creating your TikTok account, aside from the option of connecting it to other social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram, there is also an option to create it via a phone number or email. Many people hastily use phone numbers while creating theirs. While this is not bad, deleting a TikTok account created with a phone number will require that you provide the same number in the deletion process. But if after you have created your TikTok account with a phone number and you do not have access to that number, you could still delete your account, but now using an email. All you need to do is to link an email to your TikTok account by using the Email option on your management settings. After this, you can proceed to delete your TikTok account even without a phone number. Let us see step-by-step how.
Steps To Delete A TikTok Account Without A Phone Number.
- First, if you are using a mobile phone, after opening your TikTok app, click on the profile icon in the bottom right corner.
2. After clicking, you will arrive at your profile where at the top right corner you will find a three-dash menu bar. Click on that bar and reach for the Settings and privacy option below.
3. This takes you to your profile setting page. At the top of the page, you will find “Manage account” as the first option. Click on it and move to the next step.
4. On the next page of this process, you will find the Delete account option. Click on it. Moving forward, you’re asked to select an option for the various reasons you may want to delete your account. You could decide to skip this part or pick the “I’m leaving temporarily” option.
5. Upon clicking the “I’m leaving temporarily” option, your account is deactivated within the next 30 days and will be permanently deleted if you do not reactivate it within that period. If you click Continue, it means you agree to this. Then it takes you to the next page, where you download your data and continue. The next page after this is a confirmation to be sure you have read the term and conditions. Click on the Continue button at the bottom to proceed to confirm your email.
6. After this, you will see a Verify your account option. This ensures that someone else does not do this without your consent.
7. After confirming your email, here comes the Delete account option again. Click on it. By clicking, you get the option to either cancel the process or delete your account one last time. Click on delete and that’s just all you need to do.
8. After you click Delete, your account is invisible to the public for the next 30 days and then permanently deleted if you do not reactivate it within those 30 days.
Yes, it is possible to have two (or more) TikTok accounts on your app as long as the second account comes with a different phone number.
TikTok does not delete your account automatically, no matter how inactive it is, except if you go against their policy. But if you manually try to delete it yourself, it takes 30 days according to TikTok policy. This is to give you another chance to rethink your deletion choice.
This might be so because you have used the same number to create a TikTok account before. In this case, you can choose to change the phone number from your old account or delete your old account. Otherwise, you may have to use a different phone number for the new account.
No. TikTok does not share your phone number with the public.
Yes, but that is if your account creation was linked directly to your Google address. All you need to input the Gmail address. This way, TikTok can verify your ownership of the account without using a verification code.
However, if you registered your account via a phone number or email, you will be asked to verify by imputing the code sent to that number or mail during your deletion request.